Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 January 2012
If you have arachnophobia, then this story will probably make you very wary of reaching into a pile of bananas and keep you scanning the uppermost corners of your house. I was pleasantly surprised by the tale, perhaps because the title envoked images in my head of a turban clad male playing a flute like instrument, whilst enticing a snake. Nope, the spider just happens to have a Jamaican accent, mon. I really liked the connection and parallels between human and spider. It is also an example of how humans are more likely to act upon base instinct than they are aware of and how we imagine ourselves to be superior to all live forms. I enjoyed the read.
on 3 July 2012
This is a well-written short story with a very unexpected twist to the end. It reminded me of the sort of surprise that you used to get from the old TV show of the 1970s, "Tales of the Unexpected." I doubt many, if any, will be able to guess the ending of this little story!
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 19 June 2012
This is a little gem of a book. The story concerns a grossly obsese man who is confined to his home because of his size. He has no friends and effectively no life. His predicament is sensitively described. He is about to trench his way through a crate of bananas when he find a huge spider (which can talk!) The growing relationship between the man and the spider is a delight as we watch it unfold. Steve Roach has a dark side to his humour though. Things go downhill!

This is a short story but as there's a small cast there is time for character development and the plot has a slight inevitability although I didn't see the final page coming. The author's writing style is skilful and accessible without being in any way simple. Short but sweet, this one, and well worth a read.
on 14 January 2012
I enjoyed this well written short story. The author definitely has talent.

It is pretty amusing and though you can guess what is going to happen I still found it to be an enjoyable and worthwhile read.
on 26 March 2011
After reading Step it Up! I was pleased to see that there was more to enjoy! Once again I was impressed with the writer's slightly quriky sense of humor and original style. It's really refreshing to read such a well put together story and intelligent approach. For under a quid what have you got to lose? 10/10.
on 27 April 2011
This is a brilliant short story. I dont like spiders, but I enjoyed the relationship between the street wise hairy monster and the fat man. Well done Steve another great story.
on 24 January 2012
Sorry this was just not my cup of tea, thought the story was silly certainly glad that I got it free and not wasted money on it, now I have it read it is has been deleted I would not read it again