If you are an ActionScript developer or designer and you would like to work with 3D in Flash, this book is for you. You will learn the core Flash 3D concepts, using the open source Away3D engine as a primary tool. Once you have mastered these skills, you will be able to realize the possibilities that the available Flash 3D engines, languages, and technologies have to offer you with Flash and 3D.
- Describes 3D concepts in theory and their implementation using Away3D
- Dives right in to show readers how to quickly create an interactive, animated 3D scene, and builds on that experience throughout the book
- Each chapter contains a number of tutorials that focus on one specific feature or group of features
What youll learn
- Use Away3D to incorporate real-time 3D into your Flash productions
- Enable users to interact with your 3D content
- Import external models
- Use lighting and shading to make your scene look realistic
- Animate your 3D scene in real time
- Use visual effects such as filters and bump mapping
- Tips for optimizing performance and generating procedural content
Who this book is for
This book is for Flash developers wanting to learn to use 3D effects within Flash using open source tools.
Table of Contents
- Getting StartedCreating Your First 3D ProjectThe View, Scene, and CameraPrimitives, Models, and SpritesMaterials, Lights, and ShadingVector Shapes and Text in 3DProcedural 3D ContentInteractivityAnimationOptimizing Tips and Tricks