Format: Paperback|Change

on 11 November 2013
It was a good book but it doesn't really add anything to the first. I don't think the first was written with a sequel in mind, and now that I've read it, I know that this second book didn't add anything further of note.

Don't get me wrong it was a good read, but I think that really, Camryn and Andrew's story was finished in the Edge of Never which was a fantastic book.

In the first book, the author wrote a beautiful story but in bringing out a second book I feel in some ways the strength of the first book has been diluted.

You won't be too disappointed reading this book, but it isn't a necessary read to complete their story and yes whilst there are still ups and downs along the way, nothing else particularly happened.

I also objected to the end - at less than 90% the story started wrapping up and it seemed very rushed, tidying up all the loose ends. Then there was the epilogue which was far too long, in my opinion.

I would definitely read more in this particular genre by the author, but would have preferred this to be a new story rather than cashing in on what was one of my favourite reads this year.
on 4 December 2013
Got to say, I was a tad disappointed with this book. The prequel to this, The Edge of Never, became one of my absolute fave books, so maybe I was expecting too much of this sequel....

Don't get me wrong, its a good read, and I enjoyed it as it was nice to see how everything panned out, but I can't help feeling it was all a bit unnecessary...? The first book was SO good, there was just no need for a sequel. I quite liked imagining what happened to them in the future without it being told to me. Maybe my expectations of this book were just too high.

The book is nowhere near as gripping, and didn't give me that feeling of 'being there' on their journey. The road trip wasn't as exciting, I just didn't feel that interest in the characters that I felt so overwhelmingly attached to in the first book....

The first book was raw with emotion, but this book just doesn't live up to it. Nowhere near....sorry :(
I've been eagerly anticipating the release of The Edge of Always ever since I read The Edge of Never back in April. I was lucky enough to get a review copy of this one from Netgalley and I ended up reading it not long after I got approved for it because I was desperate to see what Camryn and Andrew had been up to.

This book definitely disappoint. I think I may have even loved it slightly more than The Edge of Never. Camryn and Andrew have only been together for 5 months, but it feels like years to them. They're engaged and are extremely happy about starting their lives together, until tragedy strikes. Andrew finds a way to move on, and then realises that Camryn is only pretending to be alright and that she's keeping a lot of pain from her past locked up. Andrew decides to take Camryn on another road trip where he hopes he'll be able to help Camryn deal with her problems.

I knew exactly what was going to happen to Andrew and Camryn before I'd even started reading this book, but that didn't make it any less heartbreaking. I love these two as a couple so much, so it killed me to see them go through something like that.

Camryn is such a strong character. She's been through a lot and had a lot of terrible things happen to her, but she keeps her head high. Until the newest tragedy strikes which just tips her over. She hides it, but the cracks are there and it was only a matter of time until everything came spilling out. But Camryn is still one of the toughest characters I've ever read about. She manages to overcome all that pain that she's been harboring for years and she became a better person for it.

Andrew is still one of the sweetest guys ever. He's got such a big heart and he would do anything for Camryn. Andrew is hurting because of what happened, but he has to remain strong for Camryn because she needs him. He goes out of his way to help Camryn and give her the type of therapy that only he can provide, and he really helps her a lot. Andrew and Camryn are just perfect for each other <3.

I did enjoy the roadtrip in this one a lot more than the first one. They visited a lot of different places, re-visited some old places and experienced a lot more. The whole journey in this one brought them so much closer and helped them both overcome their issues.

The ending of this one had me in tears because I was so happy. Camryn and Andrew have been through a hell of a lot, so that ending was just perfect. I also loved the epilogue that J.A. Redmerski put in because it gave me a small insight into Camryn and Andrew's adult life and I loved it.

Overall, The Edge of Always was a fantastic conclusion to this series. It made me cry happy and sad tears, made me laugh a lot and it made me smile. This is definitely my favourite NA series, and I'd definitely recommend it to everyone who is a fan of New Adult.
VINE VOICEon 9 November 2013
I really loved The Edge of Never and in fact, you may not know this but in the original ebook, it said that it was a standalone novel. THEN, it became successful and was picked up by a traditional publisher and became even more successful. I guess the author decided that the story wasn't done or perhaps she bowed down to pressure from fans, regardless a sequel was born. It goes without saying that if you haven't read The Edge of Never then you really shouldn't read this review because you may encounter spoilers.

The Edge of Always continues Camryn and Andrew's story and what happened AFTER the whirlwind romance. I'd like to say, what happened when reality set in but I think their situation is unusual at best. Then again, it would probably be boring if it was just another couple trying to cope in today's struggling economy. Luckily for them, Andrew has over $500k sitting in his bank account although I forget exactly how he came to have it. I think one of the problems for me with this book is that I'm not sure if I get the whole travelling bug, especially when I'm at the stage where I want to settle down and would do just about anything to have that sort of money lying around. All debts would be paid off, I'd buy a property and get the job I WANT rather than having to do a job I don't love as much just for the money so I can live. Sure, I'd want to go on holiday but I'm not sure if I'd want to travel for extended periods as I feel it would be frivolous spending. At the same time, maybe I'm just envious and slightly resentful that Camryn and Andrew have the opportunity to travel around, free of debt and responsibility. I do wonder what that sense of freedom would feel like. I honestly don't know what the answer is but it raises some interesting internal questions for me. All in all, I think what I enjoyed about The Edge of Never is that Camryn and Andrew were just two normal people who came together by chance because they were on the same bus. They could have been me, you or anyone but in this book, it's like they're not the norm anymore and that's something that they're proud of but for me, it means that the characters are less relatable. I hope that makes sense!

Getting back to the book, I thought it started off a bit slow and admittedly, there were times when I was a little bored but thankfully, it did pick up and when Camryn and Andrew went back on the road that was a major turning point for me.

If I'm completely honest, I would have been perfectly happy if The Edge of Never had been a standalone book as I really don't think a sequel was necessary in this case. That being said, overall, I did enjoy the story but sadly, it lacked the magic that The Edge of Never had. I do however think that it's a must read for diehard fans.
on 19 November 2013
The Edge of Always is a fantastic read and a great conclusion to Camryn and Andrew's story.

The Edge of Always picks up exactly where The Edge of Never left off. We are in Galveston with Andrew and Camryn, who are now engaged and Camryn is pregnant.

Although they have both never wanted to be one of those couples that merely settles into the mundane-ness of everyday life; they are deciding to stay in one place until their baby is born.

Then tragedy strikes, and Andrew feels like he's losing Camryn; she's disappearing into herself and her spark is simply not there anymore.

Can he convince her that their life on the road is what will save them? And that together they are so much stronger and can survive anything?

Andrew and Camryn's story in The Edge of Always is just as compelling as The Edge of Never. They are a remarkable couple, so believable and real and their relationship is fantastic.

Their story is a story of a life less ordinary. They have done things their own way, gone against what is expected of them, and come out the other side stronger and happier.

There is tragedy in this book, however, Andrew and Camryn face it together, they don't find solace in the arms of someone else, they cope and deal with it in their own way.

It really makes a change to read a story that has it's main characters so attuned to each other, and loyal to each other that they really don't need anyone else. Their relationship is the ideal, one to measure up to, and I think this may ring true for many people; at least I hope it does!

Do they have a happily ever after? What do you think? Let's just say that I loved this book, and feel satisfied with how their story finished.

Maybe there's potential there for a new story, with Lily as the main character, but maybe that's pushing it, and it's me just wanting Andrew and Camryn's story to never end!
on 12 November 2013
I could not wait fir this book to be released. Book 1 is always a book that stands out in my mind against all the books I have read. It was simply amazing but I feel edge of as always was going nowhere fast. It's a pity it started to get intriguing at the end of the story
on 17 November 2013
Well what a brilliant read I laughed cried I went on their journey with them..but when the book finally ended I didn't want it to I wanted more adventures.to continue..this. book draws.you in and you became part of it...book two was just has good.and I didn't want it to finish either
on 9 January 2014
"Because this is our life. We met on the road; we grew to know and to love each other on the road. It's where we were meant to be for however long, and it's what we're going to do until it becomes clear that we're meant to do something else."

I absolutely LOVE Andrew and Camryn.

The Edge of Never was one of my favourite books so I couldn't wait to get my hands on this one and it didn't disappoint!

I felt like this book was one giant epilogue. Yes it wasn't all a fairy tail, there were hard times too, but the way Andrew and Camryn dealt with everything and how they worked together was just brilliant and beautiful. I don't think I'll ever be sick of hearing about these characters.

"I promise to love you forever in this life and wherever we go in the afterlife, because I know I can't go on in any life unless you're in it too."

Andrew was just as perfect as book one and his letter writing ability knows no bounds ;)

If you enjoyed The Edge of Never as much as I did, you have to read The Edge of Always.

It was perfect.
on 11 December 2013
There's a scene in this book where Camryn talks about how trying to relive a special memory can damage it. Replacing it with the emptiness of the attempt to recapture it. I'm sorry to say that's how I felt about this book :(

It felt like one giant rambling epilogue with no interesting story of it's own. Right at the end they talked about it being the end of their story and it actually annoyed me. This book didn't even have a story, it was just what happened next and then they lived happily ever after. Either that wasn't a story or, as I believe, a couples story never ends. It's insulting to be told that now they're grown up it's actually the end. This is why I shouldn't read epilogues. I hate them.

I'm sorry but I was just disappointed. It was a book that shouldn't have been written, or at least I shouldn't have read it. It offered nothing more than the first book for me and even took away some of the special mystery and romance of the first. I still love Camryn and Andrew, but only because I'm going to pretend this book never existed.
on 8 November 2013
Okay, when I started this I really did not think it was going to be a 5 star read for me, I found the first 1/4 to be really slow going but after finishing the book I can see why. At first I was worried about reading this as I did not think anything could top The Edge of Never. Wrong! I'm not saying this is better than book one but it certainly enhanced the story 100% and was a perfect follow on and ending to a first book that was UTTER PERFECTION. A lot to live up to and JA Redmerski certainly did that in spades.

The story is just beautiful, a slow build that is told to perfection. I absolutely adored Andrew in this book, even more so than in the first book and man oh man he was bloody swoonworthy in The Edge of Never.

Yes, it was low on angst (thank goodness) and focussed more on growth, understanding, development, and unconditional love. And finished off with THE MOST PERFECT epilogue. Couldnt have asked for more. And 2 days later I am still thinking of it. That for me is a 5 star read.