on 8 December 2009
It is great to get stuck into this book well before the course starts (OU S808). This is an excellent up-to-date text book on climate change. I have cross-referenced with my other course books (S330 - Oceanography, S328 - Ecology and S366 - Evolution) and everything is as it should be. This will be an excellent reference book for the course and after.
on 20 July 2014
Expensive for the thickness of book but that's how it goes these days I guess. Set text for my OU course at masters level but doesn't contain much more than the texts I used as an undergraduate three years ago. Some good diagrams and reasonably clear to read. Lacks a bit of depth in some places I felt.
Hopefully I can make some money back selling it on post course!!
on 13 January 2010
I pre-ordered this book as I am sure it covers the subject very well.

However, when it eventually arrived I was very dissappointed by how thin the paper was.

This may sound like a trivial complaint, but I have never held a book of so many pages that was nevertheless so 'floppy' as a result of the exceptionally thin paper used.

Certainly, for a book costing over £40 pounds I expected more.

It is possible that I received a version that was uusual in this regard, but for reasons of durability I returned the copy I had received and will wait until I find a copy I can examine before purchase to ensure that it is printed on 'normal' paper.

To give you an idea, the paper was lighter than even the cheapest A4 pad you can find.

At least with free delivery and a good returns policy you can try before you decide with Amazon.
on 3 March 2016
arrived on time and as described. could not ask for more.