Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£5.34

on 5 March 1999
I have read many books by Margaret Weis, but I was skeptical about the idea behind this book. I heard it was about a bunch of draconians, and I thought it sounded boring. Well, I finally got around to reading it, and am I ever glad I did! The draconians came across as interesting and believable, and I actually found myself rooting for them from time to time, a thing I never thought I would find myself doing. These ARE draconians, after all!
As an added bonus, this book was hilarious! Very few books actually make me laugh aloud, but I was practically rolling around on the floor. If you are a Dragonlance fan who is used to reading dark, serious, dramatic novels, there is not a lot of that here. But there is enough action and humor to keep you turning the pages. I mean, what other book has the commander of an army telling his men, "As you know, we're on the verge of a crisis situation. Our supply of dwarf spirits is running low." (p. 33, paperback edition) If you want a good laugh, and/or you are interested in the draconians during the Chaos war, read this book!
on 2 October 2002
This is a must have book for all fans of the Dragonlance Saga. It brings to life the story of a group of Draconians after the war of the lance and their on going fued with a bunch of hill dwarfs. Funny,Thrilling and engrossing this is one of the best books written since the original trilogy. I recomend you read the earlier storys in the Dragons trilogy as they provide an exellent background to Kang and his engineering regiment. I gave this book 5/5. You will enjoy it!
on 10 April 1998
The "DOOM BRIGADE" is kinda like the second part of "DRAGONS OF SUMMER FLAME". It focuses on what happened on the other side of Ansalon, during the Chaos Wars. It tell of the remains of The First Dragonarmy Bridging company. Kang a draconian and his fellows have built a city for draconinans. They live there in "Barbaric Luxery". Having a good fight once in awhile with the local dwarves. With the coming of Chaos and his minions, they go on a quest to save there own kind from extinction. The quest to resque baby female draconians. The story also shows the good side of the draconians. Clearly one of Margret Weis's and Don Perrin's best works. For more info read the anology from the book called "THE DRAGONS OF KRYNN" the anology being "THE FIRST DRAGONARMY BRIDGE BUILDING COMPANY".
on 16 April 2005
Fantastic this book and the sequel are the best dragonlance books I have read in years. Lets just hope for more from them. Who would think dracos would be so loved by readers routing for the bad guys! If you like dragonlance this is a must buy book.
on 28 May 1999
Doom Brigade is a good book if you like to read about Draconions. Margaret Weis & Don Perrin tell a good story about life as a Draconion and their view on life and how they were treated during the War of the Lance. I recomened you read the short stories in Dragons of Krynn & Dragons at War before you read this book. Dragons of Krynn is the first story about this group of draconions and Dragons at War is the 2nd story about them. So if like draconions and reading a story by Margaret Weis and Don Perrin then I recomened you pick up this book.
on 21 March 1999
The only thing I have to say about this is: If you like the adventures of the Draconians, this is absolutely the book for you. It has everything you want in a Dragonlance book. I would also recommend 'The Dragons At War', as it has the prelude to this book inside. thank you for your time in reading this.
on 6 December 1998
I found that this book is at least as good, if not better than most of the other books in the series. It centers around the remaining Draconians, who deserted and want to live a more peaceful life. This book is more light-hearted than the other books in the series, and doesn't have such dire consequences. I felt that this was a great book.
on 30 October 1998
Really gives insight into the Draconian race, showing their more than just a band of slaving soldiers working for Takhisis. They're quite honorable, and may as well pass for one of the Good creatures! I really loved the situation of the story. A must get for dragonlance book readers!
on 30 April 1998
This book is about the last living Draconians. There are no female Draconians, so when these die, there will be no more Draconians. The leader finds a map to the female Draconian eggs, but so have some hill dwarves. A great book that I definitely recommend.
on 9 April 1998
Kang a Draconian who has been voted the leader of the last living Draconians has found out of Female Draconians eggs but so have dwarfs and it is a race for the eggs