- Enjoy £1.00 credit to spend on movies or TV on Amazon Video when you purchase a DVD or Blu-ray offered by Amazon.co.uk. A maximum of 1 credit per customer applies. UK customers only. Offer ends at 23:59 GMT on Wednesday, November 30, 2016 Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
- Check out big titles at small prices with our Chart Offers in DVD & Blu-ray. Find more great prices in our Top Offers Store.
- Note: Blu-ray discs are in a high definition format and need to be played on a Blu-ray player.
- Important Information on Firmware Updates: Having trouble with your Blu-ray disc player? Will certain discs just not play? You may need to update the firmware inside your player. Click here to learn more.
The Descent [Blu-ray] 
Get £1 Off Amazon Video*
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Note: The UK version of the film is the same as the US's original unrated version.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The films plot is pretty basic - girls go cave exploring, girls get lost, girls discover monsters, girls get devoured by monsters. However, dont let this put you off, as this is unlike any horror flick I have seen.
The first half hour or so starts slow, introducing us to the characters and their friendship. Its when the girls go down to the cave when things get very interesting.
Even before the monsters appeared, I was terrified by the girls struggle through the tight narrowed caves. Being a tad claustrophobic myself, I found their journey hard to watch.
Its when the creatures make their first appearence that the film changes dramatically. We now experience tons -and I mean TONS - of gore and gresome moments.
In terms of cinematography, this film is amazing. The way the director shoots the film in this dark unpleasent place is dramatically effective, making this possibly the best technical peice of British cinema I have ever seen.
I wont give to much away, but all in all this was a very enjoyable film. See this if you love gory flicks, but also if like me you appriciate the way films are shot.
Don't get me wrong these are not your weepy and vaguely silly heroines of this genre. They are capable and involved women with ability and common sense. Having said this i did find myself playing the who will get bumped off first game and I was right. Again, however I was wrong about who survives. I cannot detract from the surprise ending but suffice it to say I don't particularly like endings that look like alternatives have been filmed or the studio perhaps got involved? Perhaps, perhaps not. It did not need what happened.
A worthwhile film that only just missed a top rating because there are better. Worth watching but don't keep your better half away from the cushions.
This film is superbly executed on whats probably a slightly higher budget.
It's the directors ability to take what little he has and evolve it into a mindblowing classic horror film that gives the film the 5 stars it deserves.
With so much rubbish churning out of Hollywood, it just goes to show you don't need A list actors and millions of dollars to produce an awesome horror movie. It just takes an original script, a bit more effort in the ideas department, and an excellent slice of direction.
Not for ages have I actually jumped and nearly torn my girlfriends arms off with fright (who was already in a nervous disposition less than halfway through the film). She was left disgusted with my choice of DVD but equally impressed & entertained.
There are sequences in the film which aren't too disturbing but have you glued to the screen but wanting to look away at the same time... then leave you gasping for more!!!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Lionsgate Region "1" (sic) blu ray unrated version: I decided to buy this film on the strength of some impressive reviews and was looking forward to an evening's horrific... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Silver Spirit