Format: Paperback|Change

on 9 March 2013
This book is more about recipe's than dehydrating. Perhaps this is my fault as I am upping my raw food diet and this book does not fit my needs as it is mostly using dehydrated foods and using them in cooked dishes.
on 25 September 2012
The « Dehydrator Bible» is really a misnomer, as some buyers have pointed out, because it is not a guide on dehydrating foods, which requires a long process of learning, namely by trial and error. This book does not help you to overcome the initial mistakes and pitfalls of a novice: even the basic techniques are not dealt with in detail for those, like me, who bought the book as a manual (or «bible», if you like) on the subject.
The accent is definitely on the 400 recipes it boasts of, in which I was not the least interested. So if you are looking for a initiation on this subject, buy instead Mary Bell's Dehydrator Cookbook, which is a much better buy, although a little bit outdated.
on 13 July 2010
there are too many recipes in this book and not enough information on the actual subject of the dehydration of foods. The foods listed and described (poorly) for dehydrating are selective and very restricted. The extrapolation, of the few details that are given, for seemingly similar items just do not work. My wife and I would NOT recommend this book for those beginning, or seeking information, on dehydrating foods. We regret buying it. To call it a 'bible' is a misnomer.
on 11 May 2010
... But sometimes, the way the book is set out, makes it hard to find in a hurry. The best way to use this book is to read the chapters first, then start dipping in to the recipes, referring back to the chapters where necessary, which can mean up to five pages book-marked at once when making one recipe up!

Having said that, the book is comprehensive, and is a useful tool for the new dehydrator user.
on 2 March 2013
I am sure I will find this book useful. It contains rather more about cooking with dehydrated food than dehydrating it which took me by surprise.
on 12 December 2012
when i bought my dehydrator it came with minimal instructions so this book has been fabulous - use it to get the best from your appliance. Lots of good recipes and sound advice. Couldnot do without this book. Very useful for using all your excess fruit and veg from the garden and when stuff is cheap to buy.
on 31 July 2013
Helpful book that guides you through drying different foods. I have dried some fruit and mushroom, but tend use it to dry my herbs more.
on 8 October 2013
This book did not clearly state that you needed to create a store cupboard of dried foods and then use them in their recipes. I returned this book as it was not what I was after.
on 27 November 2012
never tried before, but got overload of apples, great,. then dehydrated peppers. great. highly recommend. great ideas from the book, when I purchased A MACHINE you need this book..
on 10 December 2012
He'd just bought a dehydrator and wanted some recipes to go with it. Excellent choice for someone new to drying foods.