I found this book when I was surfing through the reviews of a reviewer of which I favour. She had rated it highly. She was right to. The Dark One is a historical romance which has an element of supernatural added to the mix. The mix of these two blends well together, balanced superbly by the author.

The heroine immediately garners our sympathy through her awful and abusive step-brother who is her guardian. Because of this our heroine, Rosalind, has no hope of getting back control as her step-brother wishes to sell her to the highest bidder. Unless...

This is where our hero comes in, Armond Wulf - wolf by name and wolf by nature. Armond has an infamouS reputation as his parents were reportedly insane and society assumes it to be hereditary. Rosalind reasons that to get out of being sold to men she wouldn't even shake a handkerchief at she needs to spoil her reputation by dancing - and maybe more - with the infamous Lord.

Of course, Armond has more honour that society expects. But to know what happens next you have to read the book. As well as the "insanity" in his family, Armond also has a mystery surrounding him as a woman died in his stable a few months ago. Though he was cleared of the crime he is still charged by society to be guilty.

All in all, the mystery was light but compelling enough to keep me hooked. The sexual tension between Rosalind and Armond steams up the pages so much you will have to fan yourself and the romance between them is wonderful, sigh-ingly wonderful. The next two book plots are lined up in this book to keep you interested in reading further on and I have to say, after reading this book in one evening I will definitely be buying both of them together. This is a brilliant historical romance. Buy it. :-)
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again