Format: Audio CD|Change

on 14 May 2014
Possibly my favourite soundtrack ever. Wes Anderson hits his sweet spot with the film and the music fits the film like a glove. An eclectic mix of Bollywood and obscure European songs from the past.
on 19 October 2014
I love the film so when I saw the sound track I had to get it. It's great for bringing back memories of the film when your too busy to watch it .
on 11 March 2013
I like the incongruent and stylish music.
It gets a little too repetitive at one point with several songs in a row with the sitar and Carnatic vocals, but the movie does take place in India and it's the entire CD is good to have on in the background when you're doing other things.
on 18 May 2010
Good chill out CD for me. I really enjoyed the film and this sound track reminded me of some of the beautiful and eclectic montage of images it presented. Not sure if I would have liked it if I hadn't seen the movie though!
on 11 July 2012
This is a quirky album that I like. If you like the movie then you will be familiar with the music and feel. The soundtrack won't disappoint in recreating the same feeling the movie gives you.
on 12 May 2015
Beautiful music - a really good album.
on 3 July 2013
This is such a nice soundtrack. I loved the movie, and the mixture of music from different cultures works really nicely together.
A great buy.
on 27 December 2015
Great film and the green vinyl soundtrack is an added bonus to add to my substantial record collection.
on 4 July 2009
I only saw this film a few days ago, but apart from the beautiful scenery and wonderful acting, the thing which stood out the most was the soundtrack. It ranges from the Kinks, to Alexis Weissenberg, but the majortiy of the soundtrack includes various film scores from films which allegedly gave director Wes Anderson his interest in travelling to India.

This album really is a mix of different genres and it is wonderful to see it all come together so well in the film, and to be reminded of that with this lovely soundtrack. A must buy for those who enjoyed the film and it's music.
on 27 September 2009
i have to admit, i have not seen the film yet, but heard the soundtrack and have fallen in love with it. the final track by Joe Dassin takes me back to a 'Fete de Dax' in the south of France several years ago when a festival crowd sang along to a brass band. the song is revered in France.