on 27 March 2008
This book kept my husband amused from Xmas till Easter on journeys and any spare moments.
Try a codeword in the Telegraph first, and if it suits you'll love this book.
VINE VOICEon 16 May 2008
This is a niche product - if you prefer codeword to sudoku then this is a good investment for the bottom of he bag to help fill time when the train is (again!) delayed on the journey home.
on 28 March 2011
I recently discovered codeword puzzles and find them more fun to solve than regular crossword puzzles. My only reservation about this book is that some of the words are, at least to me, quite esoteric. For example, I finally managed to finish puzzle #40 last evening, but found that it contained the following unfamiliar words: SETA, ISTLE, KESTREL, BEDSIT, and YOMP. Perhaps words like these are more commonly used in England than they are in the United States, but I couldn't even find two of them in my unabridged dictionary. All in all, these puzzles are enjoyable but I think they would be even better if they didn't include so many uncommon words so frequently.
on 27 December 2011
I bought the first and third book in this series. I haven't looked at the third one yet but may not get around to it as I am finding the first very disappointing. I imagined that anything to come from the Daily Telegraph would be stretching to some degree but nothing could be further from the truth. These puzzles are simplistic in the extreme. They take virtually no thinking about - you simply fill them in and I don't see the point in that. I used to find the codeword puzzles published in the Radio Times much more of a challenge than these are.
on 3 September 2010
No other codewords do it for me like the Telegraph's. Bought this for holiday, as The Puzzler leaves me cold, and it was just the ticket. The binding's not great - but then what do you want from a use-once puzzle book?
on 17 May 2014
I am now working my way through all the Telegraph codewords books again. I started doing them when they first appeared in the Saturday Telegraph many years ago. Very good to do if you can' t sleep or at any time - on a long journey or what ever! I can not do Sudoku but codewords I will puzzle over endlessly!
on 10 April 2013
I find these very addictive ! They are excellent brain exercises too. The more one does, the quicker one becomes and the more satisfying the exercise. A wonderful way of relaxing and getting off the treadmill. And one occasionally learns a new word too.
on 18 November 2012
Got this for my mum who really enjoys the code words puzzles in the newspaper.

She was very pleased and takes it on holiday with her, as a break. From reading books!
on 23 March 2013
Bought this as a stocking filler for my elderly Mother who loves doing all sorts of puzzles, but mainly word ones.
on 22 September 2014
Two puzzles a day is my prescription for an ageing mind.