A practical guide to British country living, from gardening guru Alan Titchmarsh
From the Back Cover
In this inspirational and practical guide to the country life, passionate and hugely knowledgeable countryman Alan Titchmarsh explores the heritage of rural Britain, its landscapes and wildlife, its rich traditions, customs and crafts.
* Keep chickens, ducks goats and sheep
* Brew your own beer, bottle fruit, make jam and chutney
* Make soap, candles and your own herbal remedies
* Learn how to track animals and forage for food
* Essential knot tying
* Build a camp fire without matches
* Lay your own hedge
* Create a kitchen garden
* Make hurdles and trugs
* Master the art of canal-boat painting
* Discover the origins on superstitions
With Alan as guide and companion, Britain's countryside is a treasure trove of all these delights and skills, plus man more, to be enjoyed by everyone, anywhere, whether you live in a terraced house or in a cottage on a farm.