Format: Paperback|Change

on 27 November 2013
Bought this earlier in the year and as an inexperienced (by my own admission) walker I found it thoroughoutly useful. There are some brilliant photos included and it was easy to follow.

It goes into some detail so would also suit the more experienced walkers among us.

Some of the other guides on Amazon are a bit overpriced and lacking in content but I was pleasantly surprised with this one. Worth a buy.
on 29 November 2013
I've only had this guide for a few months, but I can see it lasting a good few years. At the price, excellent value

I enjoy hillwalking, but the best thing about this book is the range of walks from easier walks I can do with the family to the more strenuous walks. The narrative is nice and clear whatever the technical level.

And appreciating it's not the primary purpose of the book, the photography makes it a great 'toilet' book. (Guys - you'll know what I mean)
on 27 November 2013
I was given this book as a birthday gift by my wife and it has provided an excellent source of information! Since then, having never done any walking before, other than a single local hill in the villiage I am from, I have completed 10 of the suggested routes.

The photogrpahy of the routes is excellent and I have found these invaluable when using the book. In fact I had originally been put off walking around the Clyde area before getting this book due to a lack of knowing what to expect in terms of route guidance. For example where walks begin and end and what to expect on the route whilst walking it. I have in the past managed to get lost whilst using local cycle routes, so the photographs helped me to avoid that easily and I haven't been lost once yet!

I can thoroughly recomend this product and it would make a great Christmas gift!
on 6 April 2015
Useful little book for those looking for a weekend walk and nothing too serious. For anyone living in Glasgow a must.