Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 11 March 2009
This wasn't as bad as The Charmer but still drivel.
The main character was unlikeable, naive, irritating and boring and as for the Dj fancying her, how cheesy was that.
I enjoyed Tainted Lives, Forget me Not and The Front immensely but this was a total let down, there's no storyline, no plot and the ending was dull and unrealistic.
on 28 September 2013
I first bread Heller's "Broke" which was a gripping, dark and gritty piece. I picked up "the club" and Heller's style is instantly recognisable, but the book itself is tamer, to the point that Heller removes the most dramatic scene of the story from it completely, leaving you underwhelmed and slightly annoyed.

The main character is dull and the villain is kind of dumb too. I liked the characters Melody and Leonard as I thought they were more interesting and they actually developed through the story.

The club is ok and starts with a promising idea, but falls down about half way through when the build up of the first half offers only a mediocre return.
on 19 January 2014
Very boring and poor story line! A 12 year old could of written it, the ending was probably the best part but could of been so much better given the story line, not gripping at all.
on 26 June 2014
Not a patch on Martina Cole ..... very ordinary ..... wouldn't recommend ..... no real plot and standard characters...... Manchester based .... was it ? More like Legoland
on 27 March 2010
This is only the second of Mandasue Heller's books which i have read, but certainly wont be the last! In fact, i just finished and can't wait to pick me up another one. Although i did predict somethings which were going to happen it didnt spoil it for me as i was just as intrigued to find out how things were going to turn out. Was surprised by the ending, and realise it didn't have the gorey climax which Martina Cole has but don't think it was necessary. Really enjoyed the characters created and hope we see more of Jenna and Vibes one day :)!
on 19 August 2013
Just couldn't get into this book, and found after a couple of days I was avoiding picking up my kindle to continue reading. Very amateur writing, and no empathy with the main characters - they all need a good shake!
on 17 June 2009
Really disappointing. Only got to the end because ran out of things to read on holiday. It was repetitive, unbelievable & boring. How many different ways can you say the same thing in an attempt to fill pages.
on 10 September 2013
Have read previous books by this author , wasn't one of her better reads not much really happened in the book,okay if you haven't got anything else to hand buy not much of a plot.
on 3 November 2013
I am disappointed with this book I am half way through it and I am still wondering when the story is about to begin, I will carry on and finish the book and hope that the story appears in the second half. I have enjoyed Mandasue Hellers other books but so far I am finding this one hard going.
on 22 April 2008
I bought this book on the day it come out and i have to say i was disappointed i wated my money! People say she writes like martina cole but i am a huge martina cole fan myself and im sorry to say mandasue lacks the umph and suspense that mkartina holds on you! I can honestly say this book is just a load of writing but about nothing! theres no real story to it, theres a massive build up but them no combustion and I just though to myself "what a load of codswallop"! mandasues first books she wrote are good reads but her later books have all been disappointed like shafted for example! i would recommend tainted lives and forget me not but no others!