Part I: Foundations: ′Maker of Heaven and Earth′:.
1. Establishing: The Doctrine of Creation.
The Mediation of Creation.
The Meaning of the Doctrine of Creation.
Creator and Creation.
The Historical Context: Modern.
The Historical Context: Ancient.
The content of the Doctrine of Providence.
3. Man and Woman.
Matter and Spirit.
The Blessings of Finitude.
Scripture and Theology.
Conclusion to Part I: God the Father.
Part II: ′His only Son, our Lord′:.
4. ′Suffered under Pontius Pilate′: A Theology of Salvation.
The Concept of Sin.
Creation and Salvation.
The People of the Promise.
The Achievement of Salvation.
5. The Identity of Jesus Christ.
To Set the Scene.
The Framework of Christology.
The Problem of Dogma.
6. ′And was Made Man′: The Incarnation and Humanity of Christ.
The ′Becoming′ of God the Son.
Death and the Kingdom.
God the Son.
Part III: The Perfecting Cause: ′And in the Holy Spirit′:.
7. Christian Community and Human Society.
Some Lessons of Christian History.
The Words of Proclamation and of Scripture.
The Elect Community.
Church and the Social Order.
8. The Shape of Christian Life.
Justification: Living by Faith Alone.
Sanctification: Living in the Realm of the Holy.
9. The Last Enemy.
10. The Triune God of Christian Confession.
′Economic′ and ′Immanent′ Trinities.
The Difference the Trinity Makes.
Index of Biblical References.