on 27 November 2005
These recipes are mainly just normal recipes that specify a replacement for allergenic ingredient, such as "use egg-replacer" or tell you leave it the allergenic ingredient out eg "omit cheese" (which in the case of pizza, leaves you with an unappetizing meal!)
Very few of the recipes are wheat, dairy and egg free together, they often include one or the other which is useless to me.
on 26 September 2005
This book should not be available to UK customers as it is not a really cookbook. Intead of using egg it says to use "egg substitute" and uses an awful lot of American brand names which are not available in the UK. Totally useless to any mum of an allergy sufferer child in the UK.
on 16 June 2005
I didn't keep this book. It sounded great but was too American for me and used American products not easily available in the UK. I was looking for gluten-free and sugar free recipes but found most recipes used sugar substitutes rather than fruit etc. Some good ideas but not up my street.
on 22 April 2008
I think this is honestly the worst book on allergies I have ever bought.
You could buy any ordinary cook book and it would be as good. If it was as easy as just 'leaving out the eggs' or just don't bother putting the milk in this recipe for dairy free version, us mums wouldn't be looking for help with food ideas for our children in the first place. If I had bought this in a book store I would have been standing at their door waiting for a refund first thing the next morning!
on 7 August 2009
I bought this book to help my daughter with gluten free recipes but was very disappointed. The recipes seem very American - with few pictures and no experience of American food it was very daunting. I hardly used the book and sold it on after a few weeks
on 21 May 2014
Good condition a lot of good recipes for my child better than some books out there on market now thankyou