Format: Paperback|Change

on 26 May 2007
Just coming to the end of the second year of the Social Work Degree, having seen the 2nd edition I bought my own copy of the 3rd edition. The book is very informative and written in a clear style.

It covers a wide area in regard to child protection with 29 chapters broken down into 3 sections; Understanding child abuse, Managing the process of safeguarding children and Intervention in safeguarding children.

Very good source of comprehensive information for students and it will be very useful when I go into practice in further helping my understanding, the sort of book you can dip into to find the information you need easily. Just wish I had got my hands on a copy at the start of the course.
on 1 December 2007
This book is an excellent book. It is very imformative. Very descriptive. It also offers critical evaluation of government policies within child protection. Excellent book. I would heartily recommend this to any student studying social work. It is one of my favourite books so far on the subject of work with children and families.
on 9 June 2011
very informative book even though it was slightly out of date the information contained within was extremely useful in my unit on safeguarding for my foundation degree in early years
on 18 January 2014
This is a valuable book for the more serious reader it was a bit too much for me but it did give lots of helpful information.
on 11 November 2015
A very useful book for writing essays.
on 5 October 2015