on 21 November 2011
I bought this book after switching university course and not being sure what I was going to do long term. Overall, it is exactly what it says on the cover an 'A to Z', not an in depth analysis of every possible career out there. However, it does give the broad picture for hundreds of different career fields and suggests similar areas of interest. I think it would be impossible to go into minute detail about every available profession and this book gets the balance right.

Easy reading, you can dip in and out for ideas and then go on to do a bit of further research if you find something interesting. Would recommend for school leavers and university students but perhaps not for those further along in there career.
on 29 November 2014
I brought it for my daughter. It is so hard choosing a career, or job or even finding one at times. However this book is really good, giving ideas, information that inspire and encourage further action. I would recommend this book for anyone, at any age, as through our lives we change as people and can sometimes find it difficult to think what do I want to do next, what can I do, well you can do lots and have lots of transferable skills, so it is a good book to show you what is out there and inspire you to turn that next page. Good luck
on 13 August 2012
I bought this to provide some inspiration and information for my two young teenagers on career options; what a disappointment! The detail in many entries is so superficial as to be worthless and many career/ industry headings do not describe anywhere near the range of possible careers available within those categories. There wasn't a single entry that I thought ' I didn't know about that career'. One to go straight to the charity shop...
on 24 December 2011
Book arrived on time, and it has been a great help to my 14 year old daughter to try and decide on career paths.
on 31 May 2011
There are so many different jobs available now that it can be very daunting when faced with deciding what career path to follow either as a student or as someone looking to change career. I find that this book provides a lot of detailed information about a wide range of jobs. I always keep a copy within reach when working with clients as I find it a brilliant starting point to any career search.
on 8 July 2011
A very useful book for those deciding on a career. It gives details of most opportunities. A must for those serious about their future.
on 3 September 2013
I waited for this book to go down in price before I placed an order. Excellent, I also have an older version.