Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 16 February 2012
This is not a gore fest or a book full of in your face monsters attacking from all angles, which is what makes it so disturbing. I don't want to give anything away so I can't say too much, but parts of the story made my skin crawl in that delightful way horror can.

The reason I gave it four stars instead of five is that I think there were a few short cuts taken in the plot that could have been dealt with in a slightly more satisfying way, but I still think this is well worth a read. Reminded me a bit of Stephen King's The Tommyknockers with the insidious nature of the horror.
on 13 January 2013
I was surprised by this book, it's short and doesn't really have much significance. I'd like to have seen it develop a lot more into a full book, as it has hints of Dean Koontz, which I always find enjoyable. If you're looking for a short story that doesn't give you much resolution, this is it.
on 20 September 2012
I was not all that impressed with this short story. The plot seemed to be a rather simplistic amalgam of Lovecraft and King. The writing style a bit clunky. Perhaps the author is new to the art and will develop greater skill.
All in all a bit of a disappointment to me.