on 18 March 2014
“Call of Duty” is the first book in a trilogy. The author does a great job moving us seamlessly from one scene to the next, from moment to moment. From starting this book, I was instantly pulled in and moved by this easy to absorb story. It was a breeze to get caught up and raptured as I become familiarized with the people of the fire house.

This is a moving, emotional roller-coaster that had me anxious to learn what would come next. This is the kind of book that you won’t want to put down. For me I kept reading much longer than I should have. While I should have been preparing dinner, I couldn’t help but continue reading with a vengeance. It’s so good to know that there is another book in the series just waiting to be read. This was an entertaining and yet intriguing escape. The author writes well while telling a great story.

"The room was silent for a couple moments. Casey was sure it was a blend of exhaustion, high emotions due to the fire itself, the accident, the idea of losing their partners, combined with the upcoming calling hours and funerals that had them all deep in thought. Emotions were high and energy was at an all-time low."
on 7 January 2015
This is a book with a great deal to say. Casey goes through a lot in this first installment. The action and description of what it is like to deal with major fires is well done and certainly quite moving. The spiritual component is well plotted and well drawn. Good start. Excellent read. I had a hard time putting it down.