Format: Paperback|Change

on 8 April 2010
I bought this book after struggling in group work as part of my degree, but this books has helped me redevelop my studying basics and presentation skills too. I can also see myself coming back to this book to improve skills that I never really had any formal training in too, which really helped me with my exam preparations and performance.

There are some concepts that I felt were too advanced for the text, such as de Bono's six thinking hats, but in these instances the text usually give you a solid grounding in the concept so you can explore it further in confidence. While the book may contain ideas you don't need, I feel that this comes part and parcel with any thorough textbook.

So, even though this book has been designed as thorough text to use throughout an undergraduate degree, it has great accessibility regardless. This means I can dip into any chapter I need and get the basics and caveats of the skills I need to use now. This approach really worked for me as I could jump straight into the chapters on group work, project management and leadership and not feel I was missing any fundamental points.
The Business Skills Handbook Paperback – 1 Nov 2009

This is a book about business and management skills. If you ever have to present information, process information or derive it for management then this book will help.

Content.
The book gives a complete overview of business skills and teaches the reader how to develop and use theirs. It is well written with plenty of advice and tips.
The book also looks at presenting and understanding statistics, dealing with people and generally developing your own business approach and skills. There is a lot of helpful and practical advice here.

Overall.
A sensible and comprehensive look at business skills and how to develop and apply them correctly. Well written and very useful for business students and practising managers in all business areas.
on 14 June 2016
As described. This is a book I borrowed from the college library for most of the semester. It was very useful and I wanted my own copy. a must if you are studying business, I used mine for HND Business and will use it for my top up year (degree) next year.
on 5 June 2014
I was getting this book from the libary in college but other students also looking to get it out and becuase found myself going back to it alot I decided to buy it for myself and feel it will be a handy tool in my career.
on 28 October 2013
good quality,good book,i like it。la la la l a la la la la la la
The book is easy to follow, supports the CIPD course, very helpful easy to reference a good buy worth the money
on 28 November 2011
I found the book was very clear to read and understand and is quite useful as it explores the skills you need at uni to do well and as a base once in the practical world
on 16 February 2013
on 12 September 2014
An Excellent guidiance. Highly recommended for fresher students and young profs.
on 4 June 2015