on 25 April 2014
This the fourth book in the She King saga so you shouldn't buy it unless you've already read the first three. (And if you haven't read the first three then you really should.)

I was sorry to finish this book, not only because it's one of the best depictions of ancient Egypt around, but because throughout this series, Ironside has drawn a wholly believable and absorbing set of characters. By the end of the fourth book I felt as though I knew them, and by its end I was sorry to have to say goodbye.

While the plot has never been lacking I feel that characterisation is Ironside's strongpoint. Each character is different; they have their own nuances and peccadilloes. Too many books leave their characters undeveloped, as though the story hasn't touched them. Not so here. Ironside's characters have grown and developed throughout the series so that you feel as though you are reading about real people.

LM Ironside is a self-published writer, but you would never know it if it wasn't pointed out to you. It's refreshing to read a self-published book as professional as this one - not only in its writing, but in its production as well.

In short I can recommend this book - and in fact the whole She King series - without reservation.
on 13 November 2015
This saga of Hatshepsut is very well written and gives a plausible explanation of her reign. Buy the boxed set and be prepared to thoroughly a trip to ancient Egypt. The characters are well described and come to life in a well written book. Highly recommended.
on 31 March 2015
Read the entire She-King series and was gripped in every one. Ironside is so talented, I'm looking forward to reading more of her stuff to come :)
on 23 April 2015
Excellent story line, atmospheric and great descriptive language! Thoroughly enjoyed it!
on 13 October 2015
Very good read now waiting for book 5
on 19 March 2014
A thoroughly enjoyable book, just as gripping as the other three in the series. I hope Ms Ironside will write more novels set in Egypt.
on 10 December 2015
A good story
on 12 June 2014
This quilt smells awful I do not think the feathers and down have been treated properly, I will not buy from Linens Limited again.
11 comment1 of 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse