on 8 December 2013
Like most people, I could not wait for this release after the tour ended in July. The DVD doesnt dissappoint. The way it is done is slightly different from the 1997 version but it does not lose any of the delights that all the tour DVDs have.
The final scene with the music backdrop to the second-half of the 3rd Test is worth the money alone. Please never stop the Lions Tour documentaries!!!
on 29 July 2014
Great DVD but NOT child appropriate. My 10 year old is rugby mad so we bought this for us to watch but turns out we had to turn it off due to behind the scenes expletives - frequently. Should be made clear in the product review.
on 21 November 2013
This DVD is truly amazing. I urge all rugby fans to get this DVD. It shows the professionalism of our lions and also the off-field banter that is a must view. The 2nd disk is much funnier whereas the first disk was more matched focused. Highly recommend.
on 9 October 2013
I have just finished reviewing this title for a magazine pre-release.

it is an amazing watch - a real insight into the tour - i didn't want it to end!

Thank you Lions perfect end to an amazing tour.
on 14 October 2013
I managed to get an invite to a screening of this and I have to say it was absolutely superb. The production is nothing short of excellent.
A shorter version of this was screened on Sky, this BD contains so much more! How on earth they managed to get so much access behind the scene's is amazing,

I'm not even sure you need to be a Lion's fan to enjoy this!!
on 26 November 2013
I have just watched the whole 2 dvd's. Being a rugby fan and also a fan of the first Lions film from the 97 tour, it does seem that the last couple of tours the tours have become a bit of a disappointment. Although its good to have it as part of ones collection, looking back at the first one that came out and as some other reviewers have said, we did not see much of the meetings or selection meetings. If we remember from the first one, we saw Martin Johnson and the management discussing some of the selection meetings that was had.
Also there was a bit more of the players when they were at ease and during their downtime. Didn't anybody enjoy the Wonderwall song in the restaurant? Or the table tennis match!!
Maybe something for future production of Lions tours to think about.
This one we saw many of the match highlights but not much of the players and physios reactions on the sidelines. Like we would have liked to have been a bit up close when the injury to Sam Warburton in the second test. Remember in the 2001 tour, we were in the medical room when the irish fly half was repeatedly punched in the face against the Waratahs.
Thank you.
on 29 October 2013
grouchofer I am afraid you could not be more wrong. I watched both DVDs last night with a group of rugby fanatics. The production was amazing and the insight was brilliant too. This year they focused quite heavily on the preparation for the games and the back room staff; rather than the "off the field player interaction" of previous DVDs. Although I missed that as the DVD lacked the banta between the players.

The DVD makes up for it with inspiring speeches, epic montages and the use of the slow motion camera. The story itself is brilliant with the win of the final test the perfect climax. I would recommend this DVD to rugby fans and people who need an adrenaline rush before a game.
on 22 August 2014
I well remember all those early mornings last summer watching the Lions in Oz. The BBQ was well used and we enjoyed a fantastically gripping series. If you enjoyed that then this is for you. All the games are featured along with a whole raft of behind the scenes footage of a historic tour.
on 6 November 2013
I have just finished watching 'Lions Raw' and it was fantastic, the tension and passion from the whole team and supporters was captured brilliantly , I honestly did not want it to end .
This is a DVD you will never get bored of watching and will have you on the edge of your seat with anticipation and pride.
Great Tour Lions .
on 22 November 2013
I must admit to being slightly disappointed, I read the cover which mentions the selection meetings, immediately I thought of the difficult meeting that must have taken place before the third test. Unfortunately there's one token selection meeting on the dvd, which is a major disappointment. There are one or two funny bits but it wasn't the warts and all documentary I was expecting. You still have to have it though.