on 25 February 2014
copy, read count: once

I loved this zombie novella. The way it was split into three parts with each part telling our characters back history. The zombie apocalypse is well and truly here and I like that there are both fast and slow zombies. That always makes for good reading.

My favourite character in the book has to be hands down Veronica but I like Ben as well. The craziest person had to be Samson's wife. I could hardly believe the way she is. I mean stilleto heels? It made me laugh though.

I'm looking forward to reading the next book.
on 11 December 2013
I received a copy of this book for honest review. 'The Breadwinner' is a zombie apocalypse tale focusing on the stories of three main characters from very different backgrounds.

This story is novella length and split over three parts. This worked really well, making for a gripping read from start to finish as the three character's stories are told. This is a fast-paced book with plenty of suspense, some well twisted shocks and interesting characters in every part. As fun as some of the more unusual characters were, I liked Veronica the most and would want to read more just to find out what she does next! I was rooting for her as soon as she showed up.

The story is only just beginning in this book. I wasn't really sure where the plot was heading with this one but I liked where it ended up. The zombie attacks keep the tension high but the true horror comes from the things these survivors have to do to keep themselves alive and protect those they care most about.

Overall this is an excellent first part to a zombie apocalypse trilogy with well written characters and some truly shocking and horrifying moments. Recommended for fans of horror/zombies/apocalyptic fiction.
on 7 June 2015
Brilliant Brilliant,brilliant,loved the characters and the story ,great,especially liked Samson and his story.can't wait to read the next book .
A great read, thoroughly enjoyed every moment. My full review is here http://tinyurl.com/ps5eekk