- Format: Kindle Edition
- File Size: 1432 KB
- Print Length: 362 pages
- Publisher: Osho Media International; Revised Edition edition (2 Feb. 2010)
- Sold by: Amazon Media EU S.à r.l.
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0039M97OQ
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Average Customer Review: 4 customer reviews
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #227,451 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
|Print List Price:||£12.99|
Save £5.80 (45%)
The Book of Wisdom: The Heart of Tibetan Buddhism. Commentaries on Atisha's Seven Points of Mind Training Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book is a help, as Osho has a unique verbal delivery, so it's good to refer to a printed copy at times. I wish the book had been typeset with a slightly larger font. This is also true of other Osho publications, not just this one.
Paribanana: Be a joke unto yourself!!..:-).
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
I've come to enjoy the freewheeling style of OSHO and I think think his ability to make the Buddha and Jesus compatible and accessible at the deepest level is what sets him apart from many other teachers. Unlike too many of today's literal fundamentalists, he puts the poetry back into religious scriptures of all traditions. He breathes life into the myth and metaphor of our great religious traditions and brings that life forward into today.
Ostensibly, he offers a commentary on the great 10th century Tibetan Master, Atisha. This takes the form of an opening few lines from Atisha, followed by OSHO's commentary. But, after the commentary, OSHO is fielding questions from his sannyasin, and that leads to wide ranging discussions on every topic of modern life.
It would be easy for me to imagine people being offended, put off, and downright alarmed by this wild and often unpredictable mystic. Sometimes, you simply have to get into the spirit of it and realize he is putting you on, and certainly laughing inside. And, that's the point - it's part of the dance of life that he tries valiantly to get his students and his readers to engage.
In spite of the irreverence often displayed here, and the wild ride through the white water, I think the "religion" (small "r") is sound as a rock. I can find profound and moving lessons every time I open this book.
NOTE: If you are new to OSHO, I would actually recommend "Mustard Seed" before reading this book. In that book, it is almost exclusively single-minded, and more focused on the mustard seed teaching, and should be well understood by Christian and Orthodox readers
Love and peace to all
Osho says Atisha is very caring toward the disciple. Atisha had three Tibetan Buddhist Mystic Masters, and each taught him a different path leading to the same ultimate enlightened consciousness. One taught no-mind, emptiness, how to be without any thoughts, the second taught love and compassion, and the third taught love in action. Because of this Atisha knows and makes very clear different paths for different seekers.
But this book also goes beyond the instructions. Osho transmits through energy the consciousness that awakens consciousness inside you. He is like the sun coming in your window in the morning, touching your cheek, and telling you, “Now it is time to wake up!” There is nothing more important happening at this moment in the history of humanity than consciousness waking up.
It is a great honor and privilege to recommend to you this book. Welcome to the best journey you could ever go on.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Self Help
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > Meditation
- Books > Mind, Body & Spirit > Thought & Practice > New Age
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism > Tibetan
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > Christianity > Worship & Devotion > Meditations
- Books > Religion & Spirituality > New Age > Meditation
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Health & Fitness > Alternative Medicine
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Buddhism
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > New Age
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Spirituality > Meditations
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Self-Help & Counselling