on 7 May 2001
Just about everyone knows about Lao-Tzu and his Tao Te Ching. Not so many know of Chuang-Tzu and his crazy wisdom. But fewer still seem to move on to the work of Lieh-Tzu. Written much later than the other works, it seems somehow less distant and an easier intro for the Western mind. While the tone has been described as darker, there's nevertheless a large helping of typically Taoist humour.
I'm ignorant of ancient Chinese, so I'm not really qualified to discuss the ability of the translator - but I do know that the result is easy to read, enjoyable, and seems to me to capture the spirit of the ol' wind-rider, Lieh-Tzu.
To those interested in what comes after Lao-Tzu and Chuang-Tzu, here is the answer - highly recommended!
on 20 April 2015
good old chinese wisdom and philosophy on virtue and morality and doing good deeds,this is what the world needs today,highly recommended.