Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.16

on 7 November 2011
I'm being lazy I realise, but I had to read all four books in this series, and didn't have the time to write a review of each novel as I finished it (I had to start the next in series because they are such a good read).
St. Nacho's is a small, lost-in-time, west coast town which draws people to it and they stay and find love/hapiness/their life partner.
All four novels are stand alone although characters from previous novels re-appear in the further novels. All four are extremely well written and I mean...extremely well written!
Z.A. writes M/M romance, and her novels have plot, character(s) pathos, empathy, happiness, sadness, humour, romance, sex.
The sex is not gratuitous, although my only, and this is on a personal level, critism would be... that it is rather graphic. I appreciate that some readers like this.
References to "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" (in a humorous adult context) make me wonder or hope that Z.A. will write her "Magician's Nephew" and tell us how St. Nacho's came to be.
on 6 August 2013
David is rich, damaged physically and emotionally, and gorgeous. Cam is a muscular, hot as hell firefighter with a heart of gold and an apparent suspicion of David. So, of course the two guys fall into bed and love. The sex is great, the plot compelling, if not completely convincing, and if you are a sucker for a sexy gay romance, then this one will do nicely.
on 6 November 2012
This is a first class book I liked Daniel from the first time he was mentioned and this is a lovely story about how he changed from the person he was to a loving partner.and brother .He seemed lost for a time but once he realised what he wanted things started to change for him One of the best St Nacho stories, One to read again .The whole series was excellent
on 13 February 2013
I have previously read the other two books in this series and looked forward to the next St Nacho's installment, and I wasn't disappointed! Very witty in places and as always a HOT (m/m romance) sexy read. I'm sad there isn't a Book 4 xx
on 7 March 2014
I liked the book, having read its prequel - Jacob's Ladder, and found the continuity and familiarity of St Nacho's and the folks that live there a nice place to be for a while. I ended up wanting to know more about Cam's family and maybe the author will fill that particular gap in due course. I've decided to read further prequels so if anything is a recommendation maybe that is.

Not a literary masterpiece but a slow comfortable read that made me turn the page and want to know more. Bree is not a person I might know - who turns arounds quite like that after all? If Cam exists anywhere - could someone please introduce me! He sounded perfect!
on 4 September 2013
You feel at home in St nachos, like you wanted to live there yourself. It is a pleasure to come back. It is not the strongest book in the series but good enough. Maxfield never let you down.
on 26 October 2011
I loved the characters of Dan and Cam in Jacob's Ladder and was left with a sense of incompleteness and definitely wanting to know "what happens next". In fact, I did contact the author to ask her if she might consider writing a follow up. She very kindly replied that she was at that time working on it! I then had to wait - extremely impatiently - but the result was well worth it.

The road to romance wasn't all smooth going but Dan and Cam get there and I finished it with a happy and contented sigh.

It concludes (unless the author has other plans - I can but hope) the Nachos series perfectly.
on 9 May 2016