Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 10 August 1998
This was either obviously an early novel of Follet's or his pipe dreams of menage a trois. The plot is ridiculous and the characters shallow. I have read others of yours Mr. Follett, I am glad you have improved.
on 20 March 1998
This is evidently one of the first books ever written by Follett. The plot is banal, the characters are built very superficially. It's worth reading only if you are a young writer in need of encouragement - it shows a youthful, unsuccessful effort by an author who grew later on to be a really good writer.
However, if you read it expecting the high quality of other books by Follett, you will be frustrated.
on 28 July 1998
This was the first book I had read by Ken Follett, but since I have also read the Modigliani Scandal. He keeps the reader so interested with the action, fast turns and dramatics that it is hard to put the book down when you get tired. I enjoyed this book very much and I hope to get an opportunity to read more of this talented authors' work in the future.
on 16 December 2014
Quite poor, but worth reading if you're a keen Ken Follett fan. It shows how he has perfected his trade!
on 29 June 2016
Ken follet smashes it every time
on 26 July 2015