Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle  Learn more Countdown to Prime Day Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion

Format: Audio CD|Change

The Best of Jim Reeves, Welcome to My World, NOT3CD148

CD1 running time 64.10
1957 -1962
CD2 running time 61.55
1953 -1962
CD3 running time 60.22
1953 -1962

This is a wonderful 3 CD set including so many of the hits from 1953 to 1962 has a total of 75 tracks. The sound quality is very good with some lovely stereo recordings too. The early recordings include some cross over songs that were middle of the road ballads for other singers. Listen out for ..."The Streets of Laredo" & "A Room Full of Roses".
The liner notes are by Not Now Music regular Michael Heatley and summarise his career and legacy. The attractive artwork includes 4 colour pictures, years of recording and composer credits. Excellent value.
Included hits...
1953 "Mexican Joe"
1954 "Bimbo"
1955 "Penny Candy"
"Drinking Tequila"
"Yonder Comes a Sucker"
1956 "My Lips Are Sealed"
"According to My Heart"
1957 "Am I Losing You"
"Four Walls"
"Two Shadows on Your Window"
1958 "Anna Marie"
"I Missed Me"
1961 "The Blizzard"
"What Would You Do?"
"Losing Your Love"
1962 "A Letter to My Heart"
"I'm Gonna Change Everything"
"You're the Only Good Thing"
on 18 May 2014
Here we have a great buy, and the song listing is well worth the purchase. There are now a huge amount of release's this year being the 50th anniversary of the passing of this wonderful artist. Jim's legacy will remain in the music world for many, many more years to come, his voice was way ahead of it's time, and even today his recordings sound as fresh as ever. With this wonderful collection you will hear why this artist became a country legend, he broke all the boundaries of the music industry, crossing over into the pop music field, he will be remembered as a singer who sang good songs, songs from the very heart, so if this is a first buy album, it will not be your last.
on 29 May 2014
This was for my father he has dementia and it reminded him of things a little spark great that you have done this album put a smile on my families face thank you.
on 18 April 2015
Purchased for my mum with dementia, lovely to see her singing along and bought back some childhood memories for me.
on 26 June 2015
Easily worth five stars, and more, there will never be another like him. He has many imitators but non can come near him for sincerity, intimacy of voice nor quality of singing. The nearest initator is probably Al Grant, but even he fa\lls short. He, in his life time produced 400 songs but that was not enough. We could have listened to twice as many, wish he had lived longer. I don't think this review is worthy of Jim, indeed no one could write a review which could pay adequate due respect to such a singer as Reeves.
Macgillycuddy
on 6 June 2016
Overall, this is a really good CD set of songs performed by Jim Reeves. The only disappointing factor is although this set consists of 75 original recordings, it must be concluded that a small number of his hits (such as Am I Losing You?) had more than one original version. Certainly the recording here of track mentioned here was not quite the version I was expecting, as the version that I have heard on an old LP sounds even more original than the track featured here. That aside, it is great to see a number of his hits that I have never come across on CD before and am glad they are featured here and in the original version I am familiar with - Penny Candy and The Wreck of the Number Nine. Still a very good collection of hits, all the same.
on 25 August 2014
a lovely collection of Jim Reeves classics. Presented on 3 CDs and providing exactly what you would expect from a Jim Reeves collection. Prompt delivery, good price.
on 11 February 2016
Bought this for my dad for Christmas and he loves it, it brought back so many memories so I'm a happy customer
on 22 July 2015
this is a good selection of the songs that jim reeves sang , some i had not heard but others are well known .
on 11 July 2015
If you like JimReeves whats not to like!