- Hardcover: 192 pages
- Publisher: DK (1 May 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1409322793
- ISBN-13: 978-1409322795
- Product Dimensions: 20.3 x 1.9 x 24.1 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (78 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 15,048 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Beginner's Photography Guide (Dk) Hardcover – 1 May 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your e-mail address or mobile phone number.
More About the Author
He went on to work as a set-builder on a number of high-end advertising campaigns and as a photographer and retoucher, before joining the UK's longest-standing photography magazine, Amateur Photographer, as technical writer. Magazines led to books, and the rest--as the cliché goes--is history...
Chris' books include Creative Digital Photography: 52 Weekend Projects (published as Camera Creative in the US), Light & Shoot: 50 Fashion Photos, and Landscape Photography: The Four Seasons. He currently lives in East Sussex, UK.
Inside This Book(Learn More)
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The text is well-written, breaking down possibly daunting topics into simple, easy-to-follow steps. Even better, there are lots of photographs to illustrate the topics under discussion. After all, photography is a visual art; much better to have pictures which show "if you do X then the result is Y" rather than relying on dry and impenetrable words.
The book is written with Canon and Nikon users in mind (the largest market segment), but the instructions are easily adaptable to other makes of camera.
I would unhesitatingly recommend this book to anyone looking to get into photography.
It starts with the different types of cameras and the differences. It tells you how to hold a camera which may seem easy but now makes more sense. It explains about lenses, filters lighting etc. I would recommend before you do anything that you buy this book.
Would recommend it highly.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Very informative. Takes the reader through each aspect of photography in easy steps. A big help to novices. Would recommend.Published 6 days ago by Maurice McKey
I owned my DSLR for a couple of years but always used use Auto mode. The book explains all the functions perfectly and leave you to play and explore your camera. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Anna
Arrived early. Great start to the world of photography. My wife is even enjoying learning what she can do with the camera.Published 14 days ago by Mr. Stuart Woodford
As I'm a very beginner this book told you step by step how to use your camera from how to hold your camera to settings and manual programmes. Read morePublished 15 days ago by Clive Dallimer
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Digital Photography
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Reference
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Photography > Techniques & Tools
- Books > Computing & Internet > Digital Photography > Beginners
- Books > Computing & Internet > New to Computing
- Books > Computing & Internet > Software & Graphics > Graphics & Multimedia > Image Manipulation & Creation