The biggest band in the history of music is making their video game debut exclusively via Rock Band. Made with the full backing of the surviving Beatles, and the families of Lennon and Harrison, this is no expansion pack but a full-bloodied standalone game filled with special features.
Every era and song is covered, from 1960 onwards
| Work through the Story mode and unlock exclusive content |
| Even the likenesses have been authorised by the band |
| The gameplay works just the same as regular Rock Band |
Featuring an interactive voyage through The Beatles' career, the game includes not just their most memorable songs but also venues such as The Cavern Club, Abbey Road Studios and surreal dreamscape settings.
The basic gameplay is similar to Rock Band 2, with players able to play along as virtual band members on either guitar, vocals (including harmonies for the first time) or drums. Do well and you can unlock video and audio clips - some of which have never been released before in any other medium. For any Beatles fan this is the most exciting new experience to arrive in decades. Key Features
About the Developer: Harmonix
- 100% official: The one and only video game to feature The Beatles and created with input from the band and surviving family members such as Dhani Harrison.
- Classic 45s: Includes 45 master recordings from the entirety of the band's career, from I Want to Hold Your Hand to Here Comes the Sun.
- All sing together: For the first time in a Rock Band game up to three people can sing vocal harmonies together, if you dare!
- Beat the Beatles: As well as the main story/career mode you can also play any of the songs in competitive modes such as Tug of War and Score Duel.
- Period graphics: Stunning visuals recreate the band in all their many guises, as well as authentic venues and psychedelic new dreamscape stages.
For years this U.S. developer toiled away in obscurity, with critically acclaimed but commercially unsuccessful music games such as Frequency and Amplitude. Then they made Guitar Hero and the rest was history. They were bought by MTV Studios in 2006, when they started work on Rock Band.
Requires a drum, microphone or guitar controller to play, Rock Band instruments sold separately
- The Music That Rocked The World – For the first time ever, play along with 45 legendary Beatles songs on the game-disc including: "I Saw Her Standing There," "I Want To Hold Your Hand," "I Feel Fine," "Taxman," "Day Tripper," Back In The USSR," "I Am The Walrus," "Octopus's Garden," "Here Comes The Sun," and "Get Back."
- Experiential Journey – Take an interactive journey through the legacy and evolution of The Beatles' legendary career from the renowned venues to the clothing and instruments made famous by The Fab Four.
- Downloadable Songs and Albums - "All You Need Is Love" will be released exclusively as a downloadable song for The Beatles: Rock Band through Xbox LIVE.In addition, the entire Abbey Road album will be the first album made available for download purchase.
- Venues – Progress through five seminal venues in which The Beatles performed during their careers including: The Cavern Club, the set of the Ed Sullivan Show, Budokan, Shea Stadium and the rooftop of Apple Records.
- Dreamscapes and Abbey Road – Highlighting the years in Studio Two at Abbey Road Studios where The Beatles revolutionized modern recording and created amazing masterpieces are inspired artistic visual expressions known as Dreamscapes. These imaginative environments capture the essence of The Beatles' genre-busting musical and fashion transformations during their later years.
- Never Before Released In-Studio Audio Chatter – Audio clips featuring conversation from The Beatles' recording sessions, some of which have never before been heard, bookend the game play experience.