Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 May 2012
Well, what can I say! I have read all of Losada's books and each have got me thinking in various ways as much as they have got me to laugh out loud as she brings you to reality with a bang!
This book reflects Losada's deep, meandering layers of Spiritual and philosophical understanding, which is coated with her very down-to-earth humourous take on life as we're living it in today's digital, consumerist world.
Through her findings, she brings about an acute understanding that there is indeed an 'i' which is beyond our physical bodies, our minds, our planet. This 'i' is our Soul that connects with the Universal Soul and not only does she get to this understanding- she talks us through it, taking us with her on this fascinating journey.
Well Done, Isabel- you are a star!
on 22 March 2013
Isabel Losada writes with humour and honesty about her quest into the 'real her'. On one level, it could be simply described as a bit of a smorgasbord of spiritual practice, but underlying this is a serious theme. What does it mean to be human? Who are we really? In the midst of the rather extreme, occasionally painful (and often very funny!) experiences the author has, there is an enduring idea - that there is more to every person than meets the eye, and there is a part in all of us that connects with something bigger - if only we will take notice of it! So even if you have no desire to attempt some of her experiments (and some should definitely come with a health warning!), the abiding message that each human has worth and significance is well worth taking on board.
on 22 August 2013
This book is kept in my bedside drawer along with Battersea Park Road to Enlightenment. I dare you to have a read when you are feeling happy or especially when feeling low... follow the author on her journey full of giggles and things to make you think to. These books are page turners.

I have read it three times, brought it twice (leant one out and never got it back!! how rude!) Enjoy the therapies, the courses, without the cost and I loved Isabel trying to keep quiet on retreat....... I so could see myself being exactly the same. This is the thing with how Isabel tells the tales, you forget you are reading another's experience and really feel that you are there doing it alongside her. I doubt I've giggled so much out loud whilst reading any more than reading her books.

Tibet with love is a little different and certainly makes you sit and think about things. I doubt I would have coped with the Yak butter tea and the altitude! A moving, warm, funny, heart pulling at times, book. If you fancy a page turner then put Isabel on your next reading list of things to do. You won't be disappointed. I've recommended her books to many and they've not been disappointed.
on 11 September 2013
It may be strange to end up feeling like you like the author of a book you've read and would like to have a chat with her but this is how I felt at the end. The various things that Isabel Losada tries out in her search for wellbeing (eg - Tony Robbins seminars, meditation, Feng Shui, ayahuasca...) are all things that I have known of but never done. She does it for us and reports back! Thanks!
She structures her book using the traditional Chinese 5 Element system which is also something I have long thought would be a good premise for writing a book (not that I am an author myself) so I was immediately intrigued. Her honest and personal accounts of her experiences were interesting and informative both of the experiences but also gave me a sense of her as a funny, intelligent and deep person - an urban professional woman of today who seeks after an ethical way of being and a profound understanding of her place in the world.
on 23 May 2011
Isabel Losada's The Battersea Park Road to Paradise opens with a tour of her home following the flow of energy with a range of Feng Shui experts. She invites the reader to join her as she walks across hot coals on the Anthony Robbins weekend, struggles through the 10 day silent Vipassana retreat and journeys through the Amazonian jungle to meet a shaman.

Isabel writes with a good dollop of skepticism before embarking on each experience and she shares the good and bad with her readers. She tells it as it is. If you like your affirmations and are trying to just "be" more in your life, this book will give you a lift, some ideas and definitely some laughs.

There are a few passing mentions to a man Isabel fell in love with and if like me, you hate to finish a good book until you have another one lined up, you can read a true life love story in her book Men! and at the same time pick up some fascinating insights into what men really think. The Battersea Park Road to Paradise
on 15 May 2011
I came to this book already biased since a previous work "For Tibet, With Love" is one of my all-time favourite inspiring books. While that book will always be special to me for the heartfelt feelings it evoked this is a different kind of book, something I read more for entertainment and fun, yet I still believe both books deserve a five star rating. In particular for me the most interesting parts of the book were the detailed accounts of experiencing an Anthony Robbins seminar and a meditation retreat, both things I have been curious about for a long time. I have listened to several Gil Fronsdal podcasts about retreats and they sound like wonderful growth experiences - but after reading Isabel's account I now know the physical pain involved in sitting so many hours a day would outweigh the benefits for someone as pain-averse as me. The thing I like about all Isabel's writing is her authenticity - you get to read about the real person and their real reactions not a facade created to be more popular or sell more books. There is also an interesting combination of being very open-minded (more than I am - I am very skeptical about feng shui which is covered in the book) yet still not being gullible, of making up her own mind and having interesting opinions. Jim Rohn once said "let your decisions be the product of your own conclusions" and it's interesting to read Isabel's thought processes and reflections after she has completed all the experiences in the book in the final section. I lack the way with words to do this book justice so I will close by fully recommending this book and just suggesting that afterwards you consider "For Tibet, With Love" too. Already I look forward to reading whatever comes next for Isabel - after seeing the Martin Sheen film "The Way" on Friday I had the thought "I wish Isabel did the 800 km Camino de Santiago pilgrimage walk too I would love to hear her opinions about it!". For shy souls like myself who don't undertake too many adventures in life having Isabel do cool things and reading her account of them is the next best thing!
on 22 May 2013
I found this incredibly dull, heavy going and with zero humour. I kept on going purely because I hate to give up on any book once started. There is no insight or enlightenment here - try another author if that's what you're looking for.
on 9 April 2012
This is the second of Isabel's books that I have read. I've thoroughly enjoyed them both and I think I've learnt from them too. She's a brave woman who sounds great fun and is open to all sorts of new experiences. As I went through the book I noted some of the people she mentioned so that I could check up on them afterwards (but she notes all this in a glossary at the end anyway), as I wanted to find out more for myself. She covers a range of new experiences and takes the reader through them all step by step and we follow her through them all chapter by chapter. It really made me think! A great read.
on 9 September 2013
A book that doesn't fit into a genre. Intelligent, entertaining, honest and inspiring. If you've ever wondered about life and how to live it , read it. Even if you disagree with the author, you will find yourself asking questions of yourself and the way we live life in the developed world.
on 29 June 2011
A wonderful read. No self-indulgence here. Isabel explores her individual path to enlightenment with humour, sensitivity and great thought. This book is articulate and witty and written straight from the heart. It feels like sharing a journey with a very dear friend. I love Isabel's insightful take on the topics she explores, giving her own well-balanced view, as well as a very detailed background on each area, before taking the plunge into these new experiences first hand for the benefit of the reader. Thoroughly inspiring, I didn't want the pages to come to an end!

I'd have no hesitation in recommending this book. Buy a copy (full price!), savour it and then bulk buy more copies for your all your friends who need a little enlightenment. Isabel deserves many more sales and many more good reviews of this book and her other wonderful work.

Can't wait for the next one.