on 26 August 2003
This is one of his best yet, although I have to read The Ties that Bind yet! I took this book on holiday and read it in 1 1/2 days, I could not put it down. My husband read it in 2 days and he normally reads one book all holiday. It kept you guessing right up until the end, Excellent reading.
on 26 August 2003
on 28 October 2006
This was the first book I'd read of Phillip M. Margolin.

When I try reading a new author I always wonder if I'm doing the right thing, but with Phillip Margolin being involved with the law I thought there might be a good chance of great a story. He's been a full time writer since 1996, and I'm glad he decided to go ahead.

Found the story kept my interest and it certainly wasn't boring. I quickly got caught up in the story of this new lawyer and the predicament he found himself in.

This is a book I couldn't put down, and it's a long time since I've felt like that about a book.

After reading this book I knew I'd found another good author who knew what readers wanted and enjoyed. Since reading this I've bought others books by him. I can defiantly say he's got another fan.
on 27 June 2003
I raed this book immediately after reading Jonathan Kellerman's "Flesh & Blood". What a disappointment it was. I felt that I was going back to Writing 101. It bore no comparison. I described Kellerman's book as a Roll-Royce. This book by Margolin is definitely the VW Beetle - worthy but dull.
The Kirkus review tells you the outline of the story, and the story does have some merit. However I found that tying drug company errors to mass-murder too much to take. Tne characters were two-dimensional and just not adequately fleshed-out. And how often do we read of the new young idealistic lawyer saving the day against corporate greed and evil colleagues? Did I get the hint of Grisham in here somewhere?
A decent read, but there are better writers. When I invest my time plus the cost of the book I expect a better return than I got. Sorry, Margolin fans.