on 1 May 2013
I have followed 'The Artful Parent' blog for some time and have also purchased the season activity guides that the author sells on her site. This is a wonderful book that you can refer to on a regular basis and will help your artistic enjoyment and curiosity flourish as a family over time and through the years. The art activities are about process rather than product and there are really helpful parts about how to speak to your child about their creation and what are good materials for each age group. This book has made art seem doable and more fun. We have been at home a lot recently due to illness and this book has really helped to brighten up our days. You don't need to be a great artist yourself to enjoy using this book with your children, but it will also work for you if you are.
on 4 April 2013
This is a wonderful book for any parent wanting to explore more art with their kids. Jean makes art simple and accessible for all - with no need for "experience or art degrees". Truly inspirational.
on 28 October 2013
Wish I'd bought it years ago - packed full of interesting and different activities to do with my 4 year old, hands on daughter.
on 22 June 2013
As a childminder and parent this book has some fantastic arty creative ideas with colourful pictures . My son is 4 and flicks through and chooses what he would like to try
on 7 May 2013
I have been following Jean's blog online for a long time now and am overjoyed to have her book. My daughter is 6 years old and we use this book a lot - mostly to help my daughter chill out after long school day at school. Many of the projects are things we have done in the past and it is lovely to re-visit them, but there are also many new projects we are discovering together. Would recommend this one for parents of children of any age really - I know the book says 2 to 8 years old but I think older children would also enjoy many of the methods described.
on 2 March 2016
Really interesting book
on 20 January 2015
This is the second copy of this wonderful book I have bought, I bought this one as a very well received gift. The author really knows her stuff, each project is well thought out and is great fun along with developing childrens (and adults) creativity. We are working through the book slowly as we have to keep going back to past favourites. I would say that this book is a must for anyone with young children, much, much better than telly.
on 9 November 2014
I have been following 'The Artful Parent' blog for quite some time and I can say that I love everything Jean Van't Hul does! From homemade finger paints recipes to handmade gifts - the ideas in this book, as well as on the blog, are great! This is a well-written book that I would recommend to anybody who has a kid at home or who is a teacher.
on 23 June 2014
My book has been referred to weekly since I got it 5 months ago.The ideas are easy to follow, fun to do & there's so many! I especially love the photographs used throughout & it has been very well written,it's truly an enjoyable read.
I have had further books referred to in the back pages from the library & began following new bloggers.
This is a great book for family arts & crafts to refer to or as a gift to a crafty parent who would enjoy new ideas.
Im very pleased with the book
on 9 March 2014
Great ideas and so simple. My 2 year old daughter and I have already enjoyed several art sessions together which we have loved.