on 24 September 2011
I've got to take issue with other reviewers here. I did not find this inspirational or useful and, in many ways, you can find out more by just browsing the web. The early sections actually are useful: a good introduction to the strengths and weaknesses of the iphone and in particular the iphone camera. The section 'craft your toolkit' is great at showing how you can do more than just point and shoot with the iPhone.

Sadly from there it goes downhill. Had the book stopped at that point it would have been rather brief but useful. Instead we then go though a catalogue of photography apps (browsing the App store is better for this) and then 'inspiration'. Or thumbnails of photos that are really not very inspiring. Finally we move on to presumed professionals' photos and profiles. That is not what this book, from it's title, should be about. It is billed as a guide to photography with the iPhone, not a critique of other photographers works.

I feel a bit mean giving it only two stars but, if you bought it by the title and description you would feel short changed. It's something of a shame admittedly because it is a well produced and well written book: it simply does not focus on it's raison d'etre.

Sorry.
on 27 September 2013
photography is continuously changing - technology gives everyone access to centuries of empirical knowledge in an App. Just as the youth of today look back at the technology of yesterday with eyes of disbelief - I too look forward in disbelief at the seemingly unstoppable compression of knowledge and information - but remember without a battery - it doesn't work!
on 15 July 2011
As a photographer, this book really helped me look at my iPhone as a creative tool, not just an easy, alternative solution to my other cameras.
Filled with tips, inspiration and tutorials to make the most of my iPhone images, I especially love its small format which makes it easy and very fun to thumb through anytime of the day.
A must-have if you have an iPhone, and ever wondered how others created those stunning images with their phones.
on 24 February 2014
This book is so full of creative ideas to get you using your phone and looking at things in a different way. The book recommends hipstamatic app which I had to pay for but is totally amazing. This is the old iphoneography book which was 1p second hand and we'll worth the postage. The book was in great condition as well
on 1 July 2011
The Art of iPhoneography is a superb eye catching book (fashioned like a iPhone) and it's 160 pages are crammed full of valuable information and stunning iPhone photography.

Having owned a number of iPhone models through the years I consider myself to be seasoned in taking pictures and sharing with the iPhone. However, I still found this book to open my eyes and inspire me to do more and question some of my techniques. The book contains a combination of 'how to' use the iPhone and tips on being creative with photography in general.

The book re-affirmed my personal selection of iPhone apps and I thought it was great to see that people from other parts of the World are following similar processes in the making and sharing of their iPhoneography. I enjoyed the section showcasing nine iPhoneographers and found it useful to read about their passion, drive and different approaches to the iPhone and photography.

The Art of iPhoneography is an absolute must for anyone just getting into taking quality creative pictures with the iPhone but also for experienced users looking to find a new spark in their creativity. It also makes a lovely little book for the coffee table!
on 29 May 2014
Beautifully presented
I shall enjoy reading this and learning about iPhoneography
My favourite apps are
Hipstamtic
Snapseed
Little Planets
Tangle FX
Waterlogued
on 20 June 2011
This book has opened my eyes to the possibilities of how creative you can be with an iphone. I've had this phone in my pocket for over a year now, and I'm at last using it as a camera more and more, having been inspired by this book. There are great examples of work and ideas you can use straight away and useful information about the best apps to use. I really recommend it!
on 12 July 2011
The Art of iphoneography is a great little book, which is fun to read and full of useful tips. It has helped me explore the iphone camera more and look at differant camera apps. Also it has helped in photo sharing with differant apps.
on 9 December 2011
It's fine! ... And more reasonably priced than other places! Happy with the product and service! Ta v much Amazon