Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 August 2010
I read about Harriet Griffey in Style magazine. She was offering tips to help with everyday problems most people, myself very much included, must suffer from. I bought the book and read it in virtually one sitting and have since returned to several particularly useful chapters for tips and reminders. The book is set out very well with boxed tips for quick reference and longer explanations, scientific research, facts and figures if you have a bit more time. I have found the chapters focusing on how to avoid distractions at work and use the time available to you most effectively the most helpful. But there's plenty in there for parents about their children, about teenagers and exams and lots for more mature readers about keeping the brain active. A really handy, accessible and practical book of real solutions to help a wide variety of people focus, concentrate and get the most out of life.
on 17 May 2010
This book is fantastic, and very thought provoking!!

Ever thought that you're trying to do too many things at once, and it's getting you nowhere? This book clarifies that you probably are trying to do too many things at once, explains why this isn't good for your mental health, and suggests ways forward. Very helpful and probably just what you always needed!!
on 7 August 2010
This book is useful for all of us trying to cope in our too-busy lives. Very accessible and sensibly written, it's also interesting, and packed with fascinating information about the way the brain works. It debunks much of the advice found on the wackier fringes, and is full of helpful practical tips to help improve concentration and effectiveness.
on 20 March 2011
This book is well written. A range of sources are drawn on to explain what factors affect how we concentrate, and the impact on our performance if we don't acquire the skill of concentration. For example I was unaware that dehydration affects a child's ability to concentrate long before the child feels thirsty - and yet some schoolchildren might have to go for as long as five hours without getting a drink when they are at school.
Diagnostic exercises are included in the book, about such topics as learning style. Also the author has included helpful hints to aid concentration.
A straightforward read and a useful tool.
on 14 July 2010
I bought this book due to the wonderful reviews it received. But I have no idea why it got them. Also the other reader review has given it 5 stars which again I cannot understand.

I found all that it said is obvious and patronising and I'm afraid it didnt give me any practical tips as to how to concentrate in this multi media age where we are continually bombarded with information and bleeps
on 28 February 2012
I found this book to be filled with a lot of useful advice, much of which has greatly helped my ability to concentrate at work and at home. Some advice is obvious (drink water, get enough sleep), whilst some was more useful (the information about Omega-3 has made a real difference to my concentration).
The book is also easy to read and filled with lots of interesting facts about how the brain works and how to cope in a busy, modern life where numerous gadgets and people put a strain on our concentration.
I would recommend this book highly.
on 16 August 2015
This is a great book. It goes through all areas of live where we would like to improve our concentration. It also provides a chapter about kids, which is pretty useful to help us understand a young child's mind. The book is very well documented, with plenty of examples and studies that make the point of all the statements. Definitely worth to read if you want to improve your mind, well being and yourself.
on 17 July 2015
Have yet to finish the book but it has certainly rings some bells for me.
on 18 January 2015