on 3 December 2013
I got this as a gift from a friend who knows I like old radio shows. I whould like to make it clear that Orson Wells does not appear in this production at any point, or had involvment in it's production. This production was made by the LUX soap people which sprinkle their ads liberaly in the breaks and happened well after the famous film. It appears that LUX did radio plays based around fairly recent sucessful films of the time, having looked at my fave old time radio web site a series of 'prequel' shows useing Harry Lime ware made and are still available. The show is not as good as the film but compared to radio plays of the era and type is quite good. Two of the original stars from the film do reprise their roles, one being Joseph Cotton as Mr Martin and the leading lady who's name slips my memory playing Anna Shmitt. A different actor takes on the role of Harry Lime but lacks the cold charm that Orson Wells gave the role, the Cuckoo clock speech that Mr Wells made live in your memory is almost forgettable in this. It's an interesting curio but should not have Orson Wells name attached to it.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again