on 12 July 2011
I found this book really helpful although I was sceptical to begin with because I was looking for a book on dyspraxia in adults specifically and not other conditions. But reading the book I realised that attention deficit disorder and dyslexia are related to dyspraxia (eg. limited working memory) and that is really helpful not to focus on one aspect and to see how everything fits together. It was really helpful to understand how the psycho-neurological evaluations work and without this book it would have been hard for me to understand what and why has to be tested. I cannot recommended enough! I have read more books specifically on dyspraxia but I think it is useful to see dyspraxia in a larger context. It was all explained in a clear way and easy to follow. Often people with dyspraxia also may have attention deficit disorder and or dyslexia. David Grant suggested to see dyspraxia as a life-style rather than a condition as it affects everything.
on 4 October 2012
I found this book so helpful, and very reassuring. I have lived a life of disorganisation, incomprehension when it comes down to organising and a crash into depression and confusion, when things become overwhelming.
At last, I have some understanding of why I am like I am, and can now start living with myself with less anxiety,
Thank you for this revelation of a book.
on 10 June 2012
Bought this book to help me understand more about dyslexia as I have been recently diagnosed with it, also helped my parents to understand more. Would recommend it to parents and children for more information on the condition. David also personally diagnosed me so I was interested in what research and case studies he had provided.
on 18 February 2015
Bought this for a friend whose Grandson is Dyslexic and struggles with accepting it. He is now reading it and throwing comments around such as - "Gran this is me!"
It is well written and perfect for young adults coping with dyslexia. Most of all it is readable by someone who has severe dyslexia.

Yes I would recommend this book.
on 27 January 2015
A lot of what David Grant makes sense. He has taken a more holistic view of dyslexia, dyspraxia and ADHD. That they are not learning difficulties but are the very things that makes someone unique; it is part of their make up and who they are. If you want a more rounded view of dyslexia and ADHD, then this is a very worthwhile read. I would certainly recommend it.
on 10 June 2014
I have just been told I have dyslexia at the end of a three year course studying English Literature, based on my processing speed and working memory. This book is recommended for understanding a little more about your 'strand' of dyslexia - I was very sceptical of the whole concept of dyslexia before reading this - but now I understand considerably better and realise that it is far more than simply struggling with reading. There are many case examples where you can see different people's various cognitive abilities and how that reflects in their lives. I found it useful to make a graph of my own cognitive abilities to compare them to. Besides that, there's loads of interesting little nuggets of information; for example, did you know if you read 'visually' (ie. perhaps with a kind of rudimentary cinema taking place at the same time) you are much more likely to be dyslexic? 36% of the 'normal' population read visually and 82% of dyslexic people read visually...interesting eh!?... besides this, there's a fascinating account of syneasthesia and its relationship with ADHD (something I was incredibly sceptical of) and more. In short: RECOMMENDED. Very nicely written too - and simple. A nice breather after chronically dense academic papers. I love his use of whacky metaphor too.
on 14 December 2014
I've just read this book cover to cover in about 5hrs. Not what you would commonly associate with someone who is dyslexic, dyspraxic and has ADD. But that what the book is all about, understand the unique differences but commonalities of how our brains work, and how we process information differently.

It's not the pupils who have special needs, it's the education system and teachers within it who need to learn to teach individuals not by rote.
on 2 June 2014
Accessible, highly recommend for adult SpLD's and/or those interested in understanding/supporting them. Brilliant explanation of the experience of those with SpLDs.
on 17 October 2015
Brilliant must read for sufferers/patents/teachers to help. Well worth the understanding and very good for Dyspraxic definition, one of the best I've read
on 21 September 2015
This has really helped a relative to understand why he does things in the way that he does, being dyslexic. Easy to read and understand.