Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.38

on 3 October 2013
This story was very good, The Kennedy Family have provided so many various stories. But this book about Kick was sad in many
ways Father ruled and was a complete Dictator with not a great deal of time for the Women of the Family. Mother was equally bad and hid behind a cloak of religion. I would recommend this book highly.
on 29 May 2014
So poorly written I couldn't get past the first few pages. However, a quick flick led me to believe it had very little content either.

Don't wast your money on this. There are some interesting books on the subject.
on 8 June 2014
Did not know much about Kathleen Kennedy and this book was a real eye-opener seeing behind the scenes of the Kennedy clan. It intrigued me so much, I followed through with a book about the Iron Lady Rose Kennedy, matriarch of the family and am now reading After Camelot, about the 2nd and 3rd generations of the Kennedys. That Kennedy girl I found very gripping and could hardly put it down, and such a sad story in many places, but an insight into the workings of this legendary family, one you probably would not like to be a member of. Extremely well written and researched, warts and all.
on 19 June 2014
The Kennedys have always been a tragic family, so much promise cut short without fulfilling their destiny, & Kick was no exception. A sad story, not particularly well told. The author writes as if she were there all the time, & the characters make speeches to each other. I don't think I'll be reading this again.
on 14 January 2016
Enjoyed this book immensely. I didn't know anything about Kathleen so was interesting to read about her life. It's written more of a novel than a biography, given that it gives you conversations between the people. However the facts are there, and what comes across is a sense that all the Kennedys were ruled by what their mother wanted for them. I now have to read about the mother!!
on 29 June 2014
Very interesting story about Kathleen Kennedy the sister of President Kennedy who managed to escape the tentacles of the Kennedy family and live her own life with disastrous personal consequences. Chats worth features in the book as Kathleen married the heir to the Duke of Devonshire just before DDay. Very enjoyable read!
on 20 February 2014
This book bring alive the sister of jfk. I knew as he was married to one of the Devonshire, that she died in a plane crash and that she's buried at chatsworth but that's all. It tells of the person she was. How her mother was so controlling that appearances mattered more than her daughter. The fact that only her father attended her funeral. The Devonshire family showed her how families should be, still loving even when we make mistakes.
on 16 January 2015
This book was a big disappointment. I was expecting a biography instead I got a novel. The whole book is written as a novel based on her life. We have invented conversations and thoughts as well as overblown prose (for instance ' flirtatious clouds'. The spelling should also have been checked more thoroughly. I struggled through to the end -but my goodness it was a struggle.
on 5 May 2014
Whilst on the whole I enjoyed this book, I was expecting something of more substance to emerge about Kathleen Kennedy & ultimately felt disappointed.
on 28 July 2014
Starts very well, got repetitive midway and plain boring by the end . Very rare for me to flip pages and pages but did this time