1) The Trouble with Love - really good song. Nice lyrics and an interesting twist on a ballad. Her voice is astonishing and the tune is beautiful.
2) Miss Independent - well you've probably heard this song and are likely to love it. If you haven't, well, its fantastic. It starts of quite mellow and then hits the chorus! And the message of the song is effective.
3) Low - this is such a fabulous song! Kelly has such passion in her voice and it as though she really feels every word. The tune and beat of the song are really easy to get into. It's kind of rocky but in a pop way...just listen!
4) Some Kind of Miracle - this is a really beautiful song. Perfect lyrics and a steady, calm melody and way of singing adopted by Kelly. Also, there's a very constant beat. Altogether, the song has a calming vibe.
5) What's up lonely - this song sounds a bit like something off Christina Aguilera's first album. It's nice but nothing outstanding. However, the idea of the song is cool and, as usual, Kelly brings a special somethign to the song!
6) Just Missed the Train - i love this song! It's got really cool guitar strumming in the background and the melody and rhythm are really original. Very catchy.
7) Beautiful Disaster - i do like this song and I really really loved it when I first got the album (it was completely my favourite) but now it's not one that I wait to get to. I like it though and the bridge is terrific!
8) You Thought Wrong - AMAZING! I think this is my favourite song on the album. It stands out unbelievably and its really strong. Kelly and Tamyra's vocals blend well together and they both, not only sing with frankly outstanding talent, but real anger and feeling in their voices. You beleive what they are singing about and I'm sure it will make an impact on you.
9) Thankful - this is a nice bluesy type song. The beat and accompniment are very well suited and although it is a very simple song, Kelly's vocal variety guarantee that the song doens't get boring.
10) Anytime - Wow! There isn't really anythign else to say. You'll be blown away with the power of this song.
11) Moment Like This - this is one of my favourite songs in the entire world! She sings it astonishingly and the lyrics are so uplifting, hopeful and happy. Simply beautiful!
12) Before Your Love - again, another gorgeous song. A really meaningful ballad and Kelly makes you feel and believe eveything. Wonderful!
That's all the tracks. The one downside of this album is the order the tracks are organised in. I consider 5, 6 and 7 to be in the same group of "nice, sweet, enjoyable songs" then 10, 11 and 12 are the "moving and incredibly powerful ballads". Then the other songs just pop up. But, it still works and doens't mean you appreaciate the album for less than it is - a showcase of wonderful music and terrific talent!
Listening to it, I couldn't get Disney movies out of my head. The soaring strings, sometimes predictable melodies, female backings all combined to make me think of Princess Jasmine on a flying carpet, or Belle waltzing around a ballroom.
Don't get me wrong - there are some good moments, and a couple of very very good songs (Miss Independent and Beautiful Disaster), but the first can be found on the special edition of Breakaway, and a much better live version of the second on all editions.
Therefore, I'd say buy it if you like light, fluffy, sometimes a little gospel female artists. However, if you're working backwards from the more rocky and raw Breakaway, you may not be so satisfied.
This product's forum
Active discussions in related forums
Search Customer Discussions