Format: Hardcover|Change

on 13 July 2015
This book is probably the most comprehensive Thai cookbook you can find. Some of the recipes in here made to our most favourite ever list and we go back to cook them every other week. You might need to buy some unusual ingredients for a starter but once you've got a big bottle of oyster sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil and birds eye chillies weekly additions will be minimal. However be aware that the amount of some ingredients might be off the mark for the western taste. For instance som tum salad in this book asks for 2 tablespoons of shrimp paste. After not being impressed with it, we asked our favourite Thai restaurant how much paste they use in their salad and they said they use only 10 grams for every 400 grams of sauce. I check other recipes on the Internet when I am not sure with the amount of an ingredient.
on 6 February 2015
This book is beautifully bound and presented which offers the first clue to the quality of this tomb.

The recipes are comprehensive and well presented. Others have commented about the need for more pictures; I would have to disagree as the book gives you enough background and knowledge of how the ingredients look.

I considered other similar books but did not want 100 pages of someone's travel history, no matter how interesting.

We just don't get books of this quality for European quisine.

The perfect 10/10.
on 10 January 2015
I bought this as a Christmas present after the recipient went to Thailand. When it was delivered it was a bigger book than I expected but absolutely packed with recipes. It was very well received and they've made several recipes already! It certainly was a talking point at Christmas due to some of the more authentic recipes needing ingredients such as ants and crickets!
on 21 June 2015
I bought this for my daughter. She loves it. Said it is very informative and the recipes are easy to use.
on 20 May 2015
This is really great to follow. Some great recipes and easy to follow.
on 21 December 2015
Most expensive bookie bought but we'll worth the money
on 26 May 2015
Beautiful book, full of delicious recipes.
on 8 June 2015
interesting read as well as good recipes
on 29 June 2015
A present for my Thai daughter in law
on 11 September 2015