Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£1.99

on 13 June 2016
Rough, tough Texas man who’s like being in charge during daylight hours but very happy to let someone take control when the sun sets – what’s not to like? And Gresh the 3rd is very eager to take control in the bedroom and providing it stays there, Lane is happy to let him. Sounds like a match made in heaven? Far from it……..

There are all sorts of problems – firstly, both Lane and Gresh are in the closet. Secondly, Gresh is technically Lane’s boss and thirdly, Gresh’s father has lined him up to marry! and did I mention the Doctor? A doctor who doesn’t seem to understand the word “no” and the list goes on….if you like your angst, then you are in for one heck of a ride!

It had all the ingredients to make the perfect book, so why only 4*? Well, to be perfectly frank, I didn’t quite understand the Lane/Riley (the doctor) link? It didn’t sit quite right with me. Lane loved Gresh, that I know, so why let Riley touch and kiss him? I didn’t get it, maybe I missed something? And the ending loomed too quickly for me, I thought that some issues still hadn’t been resolved/explained, I just wanted that little bit extra. Having said that, overall it was an enjoyable, very sexy read and I will definitely be checking out more books from this author, I liked her easy writing style and the premise of the storyline was good.

I actually won this book in a competition and as Sara York is a new author to me, I decided to review it for the Blog rather than a personal review.

Threebooksovertherainbow.wordpress.com
on 29 October 2012
I read the lone 2* review for this book before I bought it, but as I'd already bought the other two, I felt I had to buy it. BTW, this is Book 1, Hard is Book 2, and Twist is Book 3.

Yes it is a bit Mills & Boons like. Also, to me, it is written with female sentiments even though it is a m/m romance. Nevertheless, for the length of the book, and how much it cost, it was a great read. It is very well written, and I celebrated their (don't want to give too much away) love. Some of the dialogue was OTT, and I can't see men thinking, let alone talking like that, but I still really enjoyed it.

For the price - less than £1, I would certainly recommend this book.
on 26 July 2012
After getting a not helpful vote on my last review of this book I looked at it more closely and realised it was quite flip and unfair in so much that I made fun of the story instead of just saying, in plain simple terms, why I didn't really enjoy it. So I've decided to rewrite it and give more solid reasons why I still rate it as a 2*. I will probably still get unhelpful votes but I'd rather get them for a more down to earth review.

This actually had the makings of a decent cowboy romance but as the story progressed I found myself suspending belief more and more at the way these so called grown men where acting. In my first review I likened them to teenage girls and the way they would act, I still hold to that belief. Riley in particular and his weird jealousy, his possessiveness of Lane after only knowing him after so short a time after meeting him was ridiculous and a bit too creepy. In fact the whole Lane /Riley aspect of the story was a big part of my non enjoyment of the book . The misunderstandings were silly and could have been resolved if only as adults they had talked but no, again it was more like Kids being petty. There is a lot of pretty explicit sex too, but for me it got repetative and boring after a while. It was like reading a m/m version of the more cheesy mills and boon romances that I read many years ago. In respect to the book it has an easy smooth writing style and for the price a decent length but the plot just got a little too silly and some of the dialogue did have me rolling my eyes.

Disappointed and deleted.
on 10 May 2014
When I that this book was by Sarah York I knew that this was going to be a good romance novel and its been another beautiful romantic novel.
I'd recommend this book to anyone who hasn't read any of these stories but when they've read one then read more of these good gay romantic novels.
on 1 June 2016
Sara York writes love so easily the pain and torment the characters go through is hard to read at times but the characters keep you going. Lane and Gash are men you want the best for and keep hoping it will all work out. The secondary characters in these books are fantastic people which is what will keep you reaching for the next book in the series. York writes with ease and with a romantic soul. I can only say if you are looking for love then you can find it in the pages of a Sara York book.
I loved this book so beautiful and the story line was wonderful.I have to search for the series so so I can get lost on a extraordinary love affair. I'm so happy.
on 5 August 2014
Super story....love the twists and turns and of course the proper ending....nothing superficial and raw unbounded sex...and no holes barred....
on 29 March 2015
Happy ending is always good. This book was a nice simple read, and a quick page turner.
on 18 August 2015