- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Store for great offers on aquatic pet food and accessories from top brands.
- Visit the Deals in Pet Supplies Page for great discounts on a range of top-brand pet supplies products.
- Visit the Fish & Aquatic Pets Food & Treats Store for a huge selection of fish & aquatic pets treats from great brands at top prices.
- Visit the Aquarium Reviews page featuring ratings from thousands of customers who have used our most popular aquariums.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Tetra Nitrateminus Liquid, 250 ml
|Price:||£6.70 (£26.48 / kg) & FREE Delivery in the UK on orders over £20. Details|
|You Save:||£1.35 (17%)|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
- High nitrate levels can encourage excessive algae growth, which can make the aquarium look unsightly. Unlike other nitrate reducing products, which need regular recharging and replacing,
- NitrateMinus is simply added weekly to the aquarium. Also unlike many ordinary nitrate reducing products, NitrateMinus does not need to be added to a filter system to work, but is simply added straight to the water.
- Aquarium Treatment
Save 5% when you subscribe to regular deliveries of this item. Save 15% on your entire delivery when you subscribe to 5 or more items that arrive in the same month. No commitments, no obligations, and delivery is FREE. Learn more
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
High nitrate levels can encourage excessive algal growth which can make the aquarium look unsightly. Unlike other nitrate reducing products which need regular recharging and replacing NitrateMinus is simply added weekly to the aquarium. Also unlike many ordinary nitrate reducing products NitrateMinus does not need to be added to a filter system to work but is simply added straight to the water.
How it WorksNitrateMinus utilises a natural biological process called denitrification to remove nitrate. Under conditions of low oxygen such as are found under the gravel in most aquariums special bacteria use nitrate instead of oxygen to break down the NitrateMinus granules. By doing so they steadily reduce existing nitrate levels and maintain a permanently low level. In addition to removing nitrates NitrateMinus also releases a low level of carbonates into the water which helps to stabilise the pH of the water.
How to UseSimply add the required dose of NitrateMinus to the aquarium once a week to keep nitrate levels low. NitrateMinus must be in an oxygen poor environment to work. The effectiveness of NitrateMinus may therefore be reduced in aquariums with undergravel filters.
Top Customer Reviews
Tetra products have not let me down yet and do exactly as they say they will.
I am not necessarily concerned about nitrate levels from the perspective of fish health, fish can comfortably thrive in relatively high levels of nitrate as long as ammonia and nitrite are zero, the issue is algae growth covering my live plants.
Down from 40ppm to 20ppm pre water change - I'm just about to start my second bottle - it's working
I've been using this for 6 weeks now and the readings seem to be considerably down. Having read more about this approach, it appears that Nitrateminus contains bacteria - which usually live in stagnant water.... so if my theory is correct then most of these die of when introduced to my "clean" fishtank but some are getting to live on and build up in the sub strata.... If this is the case then - when the little critters are established - I should only need to add a maintenance dose every now and again.... Will update with results.
It does seem to reduce the nitrates - but not very much..... On price performance it's just dreadful... I was expecting to just have to use it on peaks but like so many of these chemical fixes... they require constant use. Next stop nitrazorb
After typing in the polish instructions into google translate I got the following instructions: Shake well before use. Pour 2.5ml for every 10 liters of aquarium water once a week. The activation process can take several weeks Organic pollutants in the aquarium lead to a permanent increase in the level of nitrates. Regular use allows to achieve and maintain low levels of nitrate (<50 mg / l) Recommendations: aerate the aquarium all night.
I hope this is right as I don't have time to return it as I need to sort the nitrate levels out asap (we've had some new fish who seem to be having a baby boom) & the product take a few weeks to work anyway. I aim to return with an update on the actual product once I've used it for a few weeks.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Odd it raised my Ammonia and Nitrites but did slightly lower my Nitrates. I now use Purigen, carbon Matrix and usual water changes to control Nitrates. I won't be using again.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer