Terry Pratchett & alzheimer's

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 22 Jun 2011 09:04:32 BDT
W. Brooks says:
What an incredible guy to keep feeding us discworld fanatics with this world which exists only in his mind... It inspires me so much that he has continued to write and is on to his 50th book, but makes me very sad that this can and will not continue for ever.

Terry Pratchett - what a guy.

In reply to an earlier post on 29 Jun 2011 12:28:05 BDT
jo9999 says:
in the assisted suicide programe on tv he said he could not timagine dying if he had a book to finish, so send a note asking for another book about Granny or Vetinari or your favourite

Posted on 13 Sep 2011 11:55:48 BDT
I really REALLY hope he does not go down that suicide route. It seems every few weeks there is a story about tests for a treatment for alzheimer's and the last report I saw said that a new treatment seemed to reverse the damage that had already been done in rats.

It would be horrific if a cure was found four weeks after he had died.

All suicides can cause devastation to close loved ones, and even though I dont know him personally, I have been reading his books for 22 years now. Losing him would feel like the passing of a dear friend.

Posted on 4 Oct 2011 16:31:20 BDT
Noel says:
It'd be interesting to see if Death makes an appearance in this book and whether he has him meet a person who wants to die and they have a conversation about suicide. Or Terry writes a novella/short story where he's a character and has a conversation with Death about his own mortality. How amazingly cool/tragic would that be?

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Oct 2011 17:07:07 BDT
R. A. Caton says:
No Death (the character) in "Snuff".......

Posted on 27 Oct 2011 10:29:34 BDT
Ben Dean says:
That's odd. Doesn't that make Snuff the first Discworld book to not have at least a cameo by Death?

In reply to an earlier post on 27 Oct 2011 19:56:55 BDT
MRS TWEEDY says:
I too, cannot imagine a world without Mr Pratchett. My only request at Xmas is that the latest book is waiting for me to read on Boxing day when I have done my magic with the Xmas dinner. My family know that if it isn't waiting for me, no dinners will be cooked for the rest of the year. It is too unfair that such a wonderful intelligent, funny writer and very human, human being should be hit by this embuggeration of alzheimers'. The world will be an emptier place when he is no longer able to function.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

ARRAY(0xa0a4e240)

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  22 Jun 2011
Latest post:  27 Oct 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Snuff: (Discworld Novel 39) (Discworld Novels)
Snuff: (Discworld Novel 39) (Discworld Novels) by Terry Pratchett (Hardcover - 13 Oct 2011)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (451)