Format: Paperback|Change

on 22 June 2014
Got to start this one off by saying that I'm not a huge fan of anthologies. I like to pick up a book up and get lost in the story and I find that hard to do when reading an anthology. It's not that I dislike short stories, I just don't like jumping between writing styles as often as an anthology causes you to.

Why then did I pick up Terror Train? Well to be frank I only picked this one up to read Stuart Keanes and Jim Goforths entries as I know them both. When I mentioned to a friend that I was reading an anthology, knowing how I feel about them he advised me to take my time and only read one story at a time then go back to the other books that I was reading. Turns out it was a good move! Thanks Steven yer a wee gem! ;)

I enjoyed reading all the different takes on the one subject. Every author had a different vision and style and it was fun to experience the horror from all different viewpoints. I'm not going to name favourites, they were all good in their own way and it was in the end a fun read.
on 2 July 2014
A great anthology! A runaway train full of creepy stories about... runaway trains. Fantastic stories all around! Stand-out fiction by Hunter, Bakari-Muhammad, Bowman and the incomparable William F. Nolan. Great poetry by Cowin, Alexander, Fortier, Banning and many more! Haikus! What the hell more do you want?! I loved it! Recommended.
on 1 July 2014
Wow what an amazing collection of terrifying horror stories from a selection of very talented authors. They are all so great in their own way - I couldn't possibly pick a favourite. From murder and revenge to mystery and monsters, this book really has it all. A must have for horror fans.