on 13 February 2013
I'd been after a Gilet for quite some time but sadly been put off by the prices but then saw this by Tenn Cycling. The price was more than reasonable and then I thought, I bet the quality wouldn't be so high.
I'm glad to say I was wrong. I try and ride between 80-100 miles a week(weather permitting) and I've used the Gilet over a dozen times in varying weather conditions. It is Showerproof and Windproof. The material used appears to be of very good quality, easy to wash as well.
I'm 5'09" tall, 39" chest and I bought a small, a perfect fit.
Purchased the white Gilet, just to be that extra bit visible on the road.
You could pay well into the high double figures for a "branded" Gilet but I assure you, if you ride on a regular basis and don't want to pay over the odds then this is highly recommended.
on 28 November 2013
I bought this as a light-weight option for days out on the bike when the weather is questionable, or it is an early start so chilly to begin with.

The gilet folds away into it’s own pocket and easily fits into a pocket on the back of a cycling jersey (or you can simply stuff it directly into the jersey pocket!), so once up to temperature it can be stowed away without any problems – conversely it can be carried and easily pulled out to wear should the need arise.

The material is very thin, so while it stops the wind, it does not provide any real thermal properties other than removing the immediate wind chill (unlike my thicker Gore running gilet), but it is good for taking the brunt of a light shower – just don’t expect it to keep you completely dry in a persistent heavy summer downpour, although it is better than nothing.

The back does tend to “ride up” a little, which can be annoying and adjusting the zip (up/down), on the move, is difficult with one hand due to the thin material and some snagging on the small storm flap, but if you can get a perfect fit it might solve or reduce the problem – see below…

Sizing is a bit on the large side and I had to send back the first one I ordered and drop down a size – which is still not really a tight as I’d like but not so bad I could be bothered to return it again. Having said that, the returns process was painless and very efficient when I used it for the first swap.

In summary, I have found this gilet to be good as a late spring through to early autumn top, to add some protection when it is a little colder, or if the weather is changeable, without breaking the bank.
on 30 April 2014
Hmm, whether this product is 'good' depends on the type and frequency of riding you do! Yes, it's lightweight and compact, which indicates it's true purpose as 'emergency' protection in inclement conditions.

Myself, I do a mixture of Cross-country trails, mountain biking and a little bit of road cycling, on average twice a week in the UK, where weather conditions can be quite changeable. When cycling I usually carry a rescue kit in a small backpack, meaning the product needs to cope with the 'rubbing' of the backpack whilst riding. Unfortunately, this is where the lightness of the product is a bit of a handicap.

Whether the product is good value for money depends on the size of your 'purse / wallet'. I went for the Hi-Viz colour, thinking that I could use the product when on dark country lanes allowing me to be seen by drivers; which means the product is in constant use rather than emergency use, as a result due to the products lightness I do not expect to get more than 2 to 3 seasons use out of it!

I may buy a more 'robust' gilet for 'constant' use and demote this product to the backpack when caught in summer showers!
on 28 January 2013
I always get a size smaller than normal with Tenn, they come up a little larger than normal and I'd rather have a slightly tighter cycling fit than baggy. Easily as good as more expensive branded tops that I have but for half the price. This is good in the winter because you can wear your usual jacket with this over the top for visibility.
on 22 September 2013
I wanted a gilet to give me a bit of windproofing for autumn and winter rides, this one fitted the bill well at great price.

I'm 6ft2 with a 38" chest and ordered a small based on other reviews. I'm glad that I did as it fits really well - snug and not too billowy. Could possibly even have gone for an extra small for a tighter fit. The length was fine too and I have found that it stays in place just fine. I've tested it over rides of 30 or so miles.

I went for a white one to give a bit of extra visibility. I have been rained on while wearing it and it did afford a little protection.

Packs up really small too so good for stuffing in a pocket when not in use.
on 10 February 2015
Very good product, as per the other comments chose a size smaller than I normally wear and it fits perfectly. Too cold at the moment to test it out properly but it seems to be well made durable and nice and bright.

There was an issue with the postage on my product and TENN were fantastic at sorting out the issue keeping me well informed with what they were doing and giving me a refund on the postage I ended up having to pay due to no shipping being label being on the parcel.

All in all thoroughly impressed with the customer service recieved and the product.
on 29 September 2014
At 5' 10 and 13 st with 40'' chest Normally a large in most things but glad I ordered med as its fits comfortable over a base layer and jersey. Packs down small enough to fit in back jersey pocket and packs into its own rear pocket. Good breathability and well made, kept the chill and showers at bay. Wished I had brought one months ago. Went for yellow and sure will stand out well on the road. Lost one star as the mud has left stains all over once wiped off but am hoping will wash out in due course.
on 14 October 2012
Pros: Good product, good fit, great value for money

Cons: I bought the white gilet and when washed, it goes discoloured easily
on 16 July 2013
About what I expected for the price .Useful to stuff in your back pocket or saddle-bag and to stick on if you get a shower or meet a headwind or on down hill stretches . No front pockets though or anything fancy at the price ,got a small based on others comments I'm usually a medium at least and it fits ok but I think the medium would have been just fine too.Would possibly be useful in the Winter as an extra layer under a jacket .
on 26 September 2011
I bought this as a packable gilet for a recent trip to France, it's well made, can be packed away into it's own back pocket, or a little stuff sack. Fit's perfectly in a cycling jersey rear pocket.

Used/Washed several times now, still looks spot on, I can see this getting plenty use into the autumn and coming back out again next year. Considering the price which is pretty much half the cheapest of the mainstream guys offerings (Endura, Altura, Mavic), it's hard to fault, maybe a zip on the pocket for securing items, but that's just a minor niggle as stuff seems to stay in anyway.