- Audio CD (6 Sept. 2010)
- Number of Discs: 2
- Format: Double CD
- Label: Edsel
- ASIN: B003UYTX7Y
- Other Editions: Audio CD | Audio Cassette | Vinyl
- Average Customer Review: 4.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 78,463 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Ten Good Reasons (Deluxe 2CD Edition) Double CD
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
* Described by the Guinness Book Of Hit Singles as "the top teen idol of the late 1980s", Jason Donovan was signed to the Stock Aitken Waterman production team and Pete Waterman's label PWL in the wake of the huge succes of fellow "Neighbours" star Kylie Minogue.
* First single "Nothing Can Divide Us" reached # 5, but the next single was Kylie and Jason's duet "Especially For You" which hit #1 in January 1989, as did Jason's next singles "Too Many Broken Hearts" and "Sealed With A Kiss". Released in May, debut album "Ten Good Reasons" stormed to the number 1 spot, and was the UK's best-selling album of 1989.
* This Deluxe 2 CD Edition contains the original eleven-track album, as well as an amazing 26 bonus tracks! Gathered together for the first time ever by PWL consultant Tom Parker, there are non-album b-sides, extended 12" versions, techno mixes, dub mixes, and
instrumentals, several of which have only ever been available as downloads. All this adds up to over 155 minutes of Jason Donovan!
* The booklet features full annotation by Tom Parker as well as the lyrics and the singles sleeves.
Top Customer Reviews
Have to admit, though, as I was coming to the end of Disc 2, I became a little Jasoned out! How many of these remixes I'll play again is open to debate, but they are there, that's the thing.
Congratulations to Edsel, who did such a good job on the recent Rick Astley albums, for this great product at such a decent price.
a must have for all the PWL sound fans.
Nothing more can be said about the quality of the songs here. It was a # 1 album after all. Even the non-single tracks are good, i.e. You Can Depend on Me, Question of Pride, etc.
If you are a SAW fan, you'll love this. All the remixes, extended version, instrumentals are here. This is how a re-issue should be done - other record companies should take note.
The limited dynamic range is also evident in the other Tom Parker mastered PWL reissues, including the Japan-market Kylie Minogue's debut CD, and also Enjoy Yourself, released in 2012.
The original 1980s Enjoy Yourself CD may sound softer when played at the same volume, but when listened at a higher volume, the wider & more natural dynamic range makes listening more enjoyable. Bass sounds punchier, deeper & more natural, despite the overall audio quality lacks the crispness & clarity of modern remasters.
I hope that Tom Parker & other current mastering engineers would consider remastering future titles while retaining the dynamic range of the original master tapes.
It's a pity that many excellent modern reissues such as this comprehensive Deluxe Edition is marred by the loudness war.
Comparatively, the Rick Astley's Deluxe Edition of Whenever You Need Somebody, and Hold Me In Your Arms has a better dynamic range, mastered by a different engineer, Phil Kinrade.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Absolutely great cd and a lovely set of songs by a great singer a most for everyone who enjoys good musicPublished 21 months ago by gc
I bought this cd for my Daughter , she gave it 10 out of 10 . She will recomend it.Published on 16 Jan. 2014 by Mr. A.M. Webster
This review is for: Ten Good Reasons (Deluxe 2CD Edition)
The original issue of this album was 11 tracks, so here we get an incredible 26 bonus tracks! Read more