on 28 March 2013
This rod works perfectly. Easy to extended and lock into place and the plastic catch thingy on the end fits the bar on the windows precisely.

Makes opening our Velux's, which are about 10ft up on a pitched ceiling, very easy indeed. Much better than the red mop handle we were using before and it doesn't need wringing out before lifting above your head.
11 comment35 of 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 October 2012
Does exactly what it is supposed to. No more and no less. Can't get excited about it really works ok !
on 28 July 2012
Perfect for velux windows. Lightweight, quick to extend or collapse. The hooked end is easy to use to open the windows to vent as well as full opening and closing.
on 27 February 2013
Very good product. Good quality. Does what it says. Very easy to open and close Velux windows. Can recommend it.
on 16 June 2014
Very strong and easier to use than I imagined it would be. Would recommend this product to other shoppers. Thanks
on 1 November 2013
The telescopic rod is perfectly designed to fit the opening/closing bar on a high up velux window. My first one lasted for over 10 years. The next maybe two years. The third, a year. Soon they'll be making it out of papier mache. And the price continues to rise. I'm looking for some clever replacement at the moment. Something along the lines of a boat hook. I'm feeling seriously ripped off.
on 29 May 2014
Expensive for what it is, but who cares when one can open and close Velux windows, wherever they are, at a whim.
on 24 May 2015
Yes it works! I have a garden room with four Velux windows, which are too high in the roof to opened by hand but I make two observations:-
1 It isn't cheap for what it is and the cost leads me to the second point,
2 The whole thing is a little bit too flimsy. The head that grips the window is plastic, and I fear it will eventually snap, even with the most careful use, and the extension rod uses a spring loaded button as a lock which also doesn't look or feel too robust.
I hope to be proved wrong but I fear this won't have anywhere near the lifespan of the windows themselves.
on 9 January 2015
The pole hooks are not very sturdy because they are made of plastic so if the window is a little stiff, then the hook easy snap off.

My tenant had bought 2-3 and other people I have spoken to have had to purchase replacements and say there are no other brands they can use. Captive audience was the conclusion. Why can't they be made of metal and covered with plastic to ensure the windows are broken? Hope this helps.
on 23 September 2013
For a 5'1/2" lady I so struggled with my velux windows but no more. Perfect the ladders can stay in the shed I can keep my feet on the floor and use to Rod should of purchased years ago.

See one answered question