Shop now Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now
Customer Discussions > Dogs Don't Tell Jokes forum

Teenage fiction

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 23 Jul 2009 13:13:40 BDT
Jenny says:
After a couple of years of not reading much apart from Wisden, my 15 year old son has just read Holes and Small Seps both by Louis Sacher. He loved them. I've ordered There's a Boy in the Girl's Bathroom for him. Can anyone recommend any other authors who my son might enjoy? Doesn't have to be specifically 'children's books' as he is quite a mature 15 yr old with a great sense of humour. I want to encourage him to read more while I have the opportunity!

In reply to an earlier post on 14 Jan 2013 17:01:42 GMT
Lady says:
Hello, I have just finished an excellent book. I am not normally a fan of this Genre however it was recommended to me from a friend and I thought it was amazing. I am 22 and loved it but I think it is , its call Scripted by Dayna Carroll. Its set in the future and follows a 17 year old girl, in England. England has changed and 'life' is no longer as it is today but is like big brother completely controlled and 'scripted' it tackles issues of friends, family, appearance and a romance throughout with lots of action. I think it would be great for a young girl, and I have contacted the author via Twitter and she is only 18 herself which made me like it more. There is also a free sample which is nice as its a rather pricey book. It may sound girly, but there is alot of different themes in the books and one of the main love interested and characters is a male, who is very whitty. There is some bad Language in the book but very light, and not frequent.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  23 Jul 2009
Latest post:  14 Jan 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Louis Sachar
Louis Sachar by Dogs Don't Tell Jokes Edition: Reprint (Paperback - 1997)
4.2 out of 5 stars (35)