on 27 April 2014
Super little stylish keyboard and mouse, large enough still to use with your desktop, really nice design concept and good ease of use, conserves battery power when it goe's to sleep, delivery was super fast, cannot fault this at the moment, hope it continues to be reliable, if it do this must be one of my best buys, 'Excellent Value For Your Money', would recommend to anyone.!
on 29 May 2014
This is a terrific little keyboard and mouse set for the price. No wasted space, terrific range - and functions flawlessly. The keyboard flexes a little, but that's not an issue for me - it's all terrific for controlling my HTPC from the sofa.
Both the keyboard and mouse require 2 x AAA batteries (not supplied) but that's not a problem because this is a very cheap but good quality keyboard and mouse. Easy to set-up by connecting the receiver to the USB on the computer and then just turn on the keyboard and mouse. The computer recognises them instantly and you can start typing or mousing around!

The keyboard is very light but stays in place with rubber supports underneath and the key strike is soft and precise (my wife learned to touch-type many years ago and so she 'plays' a keyboard like a piano. She likes the way this keyboard feels). I like my tech to look good and this is very modern looking and well designed keyboard and mouse. I think it looks more expensive than it is. Happy to recommend it.

UPDATE OCT 2015 - It's so good that I bought another one! Wife borrowed mine permanently and so I went for a sober black keyboard and matching mouse. For some reason it's more expensive than the white one but it's still very good quality. A++++
review image review image
on 6 January 2016
The keyboard is superb, in my opinion (have not tried the mouse, though).

I love compact keyboards and use them with desktop PCs all the time, as it would allow more work space on the desk. I've tried several Logitech models and a Corsair mechanic gaming keyboard in the past decade. The TeckNet Slim X600 is, by far, the top one on my list for non-gaming use. X600 is possibly the smallest and slimmest FULL SIZE wireless compact keyboards you can buy now (with a number pad!). It used Scissor switch rather than typical Dome switch, hence better response and quieter when typing.

The keyboard is probably based on a built-in laptop keyboard design, and feels like one when typing. It has shorter key travel distance but the tactile feedback is actually better than another rubber Dome switch compact keyboard I have. On the other hand, this product may not be suitable for user who hates laptop style keyboard. Overall in high build quality, but since the keyboard is very thin (compared with conventional design), keyboard-smashing or facerolling will not be good for this keyboard!

Pros:
- Low profile, very small and slim
- Scissor switch
- Quite
- Full size keyboard with number pad
- wireless
- spill-resistant (tested by girlfriend with make-up removal liquid, by accident)

Cons:
- Somewhat a built-in laptop keyboard design, maybe not good for people who thinks typing on a laptop is painful (on the other hand, can be an advantage for laptop lovers!)
- No independent page up/down keys. But this is common for a compact keyboard (normally there is trade-off among page Up/Down, Home/End keys, etc)
- for gaming, mechanical keyboards is generally preferred.
* given the Cons, I still reckon this is the best full size compact keyboard I have used, thus 5-star
on 2 November 2014
After seeing some good reviews for this keyboard and mouse combination I bought both a black and a white one.They were £14.99 each which represents extremely good value for money.

I bought one to to replace my Logitech combo keyboard which was taking up too much desk real estate and the mouse had also gone on the blink. The other is to use with my tablet when it is attached to the TV for surfing or watching downloaded films

The keyboard action is light and positive and considering how thin it is I find it is quite stable. It takes a while to get used to its small size and it would have been fantastic (and worth 5 stars) if it were back-lit. The mouse is laser and very nice to use. Both keyboard and mouse have power-saving so the batteries should last well.

Finally the range seems pretty good - it works at 10 metres provided there is nothing blocking the signal.

Update Jan 2016

I have 3 of these keyboard/mouse combos now and I am still very happy with this product but would just comment that the range is sometimes only 2 metres. This depends on the room I am using it in and may be down to interference with other devices operating at the same frequency.
on 1 November 2014
After umming and ahhing over a wireless keyboard and mouse for a 2nd system running Ubuntu from a NUC I decided to take a punt on this duo and it arrived yesterday. First impressions are positive. The mouse feels very good to use. The mouse wheel scrolls well for a mouse of this price. The buttons are nice and firm, although some may find them too stiff. The lag between the receiver and mouse is low which has delighted me. I bought a Sandstrom wireless mouse from Currys a couple of weeks ago which in the end was only suitable for WIndows 8 (the buttons on the side were not forward and back buttons and you could not change them), but in the process of trying the mouse I could not believe how poor the cursor moved on the screen. It was like the cursor was attached to an elastic band and was unresponsive. This mouse thankfully is not like that and is very responsive. Well done Tecknet.

The keyboard also delights me, although it is not perfect, for the price I could not expect more. It is compact yet provides full size keys, proper Enter and Backspace buttons, a number pad and LED's for CAPS and NUMS. My only gripe is it is not 'whisper quiet' as Tecknet claim. It also feels a little delicate and because I am a hammerer when it comes to typing I am worried this thing might not last. It comes with a 18 month warranty so I should be covered if anything untoward happens in the immediate future.

So summing up this is a great value keyboard and mouse combo that has exceeded my exceptions. It also runs fine on Ubuntu. Plus if you shop around on the web it can be had for £13.99 delivered (which is what I paid for it).

4/5 stars from me.
on 6 January 2015
I was a bit apprehensive about the build quality, having read some of the reviews, but this works perfectly, and is more than sturdy enough for my purposes. For this price I may well buy another for my second computer - well worth it, and so nice to have no leads.
on 15 June 2014
I recently ordered this wireless keyboard and mouse set as my older keyboard stopped working.

This was the cheapest wireless set I could find so I ordered.

Could not be more happy with the product. The keyboard is slim and sleek, it is very responsive and it comes with Fn features which do not go amiss.

Very happy with my purchase.

5 Stars!
on 10 May 2014
Really good price for this. Keyboard types well and was quick and easy to connect to my PC.

Though it does sometime loose connection... and the mouse is a little quick (took some getting used to)

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE 4 AAA BATTERIES TO POWER THESE TOOLS
on 25 July 2015
Keyboard is nice to type on with large keys that don't require too much pressure. The mouse works perfectly out of the box on Windows 7, however on a Raspberry Pi 2 I had to add "usbhid.mousepoll=0" to the end of the /boot/cmdline.txt file. This is not peculiar to this mouse, I think it's a Raspberry Pi 2 thing, I have 3 wireless mice and 2 of them do this on my Pi. The mouse auto powers off to save battery after a while which is great, other mice don't always do this in my experience.

I'm considering buying another Pi and will buy this keyboard/mouse combo again to go with it if I do.