The book discusses:
- the rationale for a structured multi-sensory approach
- the development of phonological, reading, writing and spelling skills
- working with learners who have English as an additional language (EAL)
- lesson structure and lesson-planning
- alphabet and dictionary skills
- memory work and study skills
- teaching the programme to groups
- ideas for working with young children.
Designed to help support any learner, from ages five to 18, with dyslexia or specific learning difficulties, the authors encourage the use of the programme as part of everyday teaching to not only develop literacy but to put dyslexic learners in control of their own learning.
There are tried and tested strategies and activities provided, which the reader can use to support their literacy work. Particularly useful for teachers working with learners who have special educational needs and specifically those with dyslexia, this book contains everything you need to help improve and develop the literacy skills of the learners in your setting.NEW by Kathleen Kelly and Sylvia Phillips!
Assessment of Learners with Dyslexic-type Difficulties
Sylvia Phillips, Kathleen Kelly and Liz Symes